Descripción del puesto:
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
Play a key role in developing the next generation of 3D capable ultrasound transducers, improving lives worldwide and pushing the boundaries of diagnostic imaging.
You are responsible for:
* Process/Materials R&D Engineering for new product development initiatives/teams that span the full range of development from feasibility studies to stable production
* Design and develop future generation of medical ultrasound transducer products with focus on transducer fabrication process and new materials characterization and development
* Develop new products with designs that meet/achieve performance, manufacturing, cost, reliability requirements and schedule goals.
* Participation as a technical contributor in dynamic cross discipline transducer product development teams
* Provide ongoing support for released products through materials testing and root cause analysis investigation.
You are a part of:
A fast paced, innovative, and multidisciplinary team that develops new transducer solutions from clinical requirements to production, working in close collaboration with ultrasound systems and manufacturing groups.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
* Minimum of 2+ years' experience in Process/Materials Engineering
* Minimum of- BS Degree in Materials Science/ Biomedical/ Mechanical Engineering, MS- DESIRED
* Experience in design for manufacturability (DFM)
* Experience with application and characterization of ceramics & polymer materials used in medical devices, particularly epoxy adhesives
* Strong analytical skills with ability to anticipate and resolve technical issues involving development Process and Materials
* A self-starter, highly motivated with good organizational and time management skills
* Takes action to overcome obstacles and achieve project objectives
* Team player, works effectively with cross functional teams
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interface with customers and effective at managing vendors
* Experience with Piezoelectric materials- desirable
* Experience with MEMS/Semiconductor materials, processing and characterization- desirable
* US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
* Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates must live within commuting distance to Cambridge, MA..
In return, we offer you:
An opportunity to sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we are used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it is like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 8xx-xxx-xxx3, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)