Descripción del puesto:
The AI team at (COMPANY NAME) Research UK is looking for exceptional AI and ML experts to join the growing team in Staines-upon-Thames. The team undertakes projects involving the application of cutting-edge academic research into proof-of-concept and commercial products for (COMPANY NAME) devices and services. The prospective candidate will have the opportunity to be part of building next generation mobile devices from (COMPANY NAME). In specific, the candidate will contribute to the development and optimisation of models, ML frameworks and developing privacy preserving Federated Models for (COMPANY NAME)'s flagship mobile devices. We encourage enthusiastic engineers with a strong academic background and expertise in Machine Learning frameworks and tools to apply.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Machine Learning Engineer you will:
* Research and develop continual learning and personalisation ML algorithms
* Innovate novel methods to improve AI on-device performance, model size and accuracy
* Develop state-of-the-art solutions for real-world large-scale problems AI problems with commercialization goals on (COMPANY NAME) devices
* Develop scalable, privacy-preserving and federated machine learning applications
* Have technical responsibility for one or more significant sections of the assigned project
* Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design
Skills and Qualifications
* MSc/PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science/Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics, or related disciplines (an equivalent period of industrial experience may be substituted).
* Excellent knowledge of Machine Learning fundamentals and deep-learning concepts such as DNNs, CNNs, RNN is required
* A proven track record in machine learning model development and deployment (on embedded devices a plus)
* Excellent programming experience in Python and/or C/C++
* Experience programming with popular machine learning frameworks (strong experience in Tensorflow will be a plus)
* Good familiarity with relevant python libraries (such as numpy) and tools (such as TensorBoard)
* Familiarity with software engineering practices and tools such as Git, CI, Agile development, etc.
* Excellent communication, team work and a results-oriented attitude
* Proficiency in problem solving and debugging
* Research development expertise of NLP Models
* Expertise in privacy-preserving and federated machine learning applications
* Publications in top ML conferences (e.g. ICML, ICCV, SysML or similar)
* Contribution to open source ML frameworks such as -TensorFlow, TensorFlow Lite, etc.
* Experience with computer vision algorithms
* Experience with heterogeneous programming (NEON/SIMD, OpenCL/CUDA, compute shaders)
* Familiarity with CPU and GPU hardware architectures