Descripción del puesto:
As an Engineering Manager at (COMPANY NAME), your primary responsibility is to the people you support ensuring they grow as engineers, have defined career goals and that they are having a great time at (COMPANY NAME). You'll manage several multi-disciplined Engineers across several platform teams with different priorities, driving high individual performance, and assisting them in their personal and professional development.
This is an excellent opportunity to come into a business and work with brilliant engineers and help grow, shape and empower the future engineering talent. Part of your remit will include helping to find and recruit the best engineering talent available to build inclusive, high-performing platform / engineering teams across (COMPANY NAME).
You will be responsible for carrying out line management responsibilities including catch ups, reviews, arranging training, ensuring everyone has development plans in place.
To achieve this, you will need to work closely with the individuals in your teams and the relevant people in the projects/teams in which they are currently working. You are also there to help coach and provide career advice to ensure everyone in your team makes the most of their time at (COMPANY NAME).
As you will be interacting with a large number of engineers working across various projects, you will be expected to look out for common themes or problems, that if addressed would make (COMPANY NAME) a better place for engineers to work or improve the efficiency of delivery.
Responsibilities include, although ore not limited to:
* Line managing a team of between 12-18 engineers, setting objectives and creating suitable Personal Development Plans
* Working with Platform Leads and Technical Capability & Competency Team Leads to ensure your teams ore high-performing and consistently and iteratively deliver high-impact, high quality work
* Continuously assess your team's approach and process maturity (with suitable techniques and metrics), and coach them to adopt Agile methods to ensure a successful and sustainable delivery
* Mentoring and coaching your direct reports whilst working closely with Competency and Coaching team and Heads of Technology, developing them into top performing individuals who excel at what they do
* Partner with leaders and teams across (COMPANY NAME) to share your knowledge and drive organisational change and improvement
* Ensure your engineers have the relevant skills (via training, coaching etc.) to deliver business priorities
* Identifying trends and concerns amongst engineers and engineering teams so you can work directly with other leaders to address
* Help attract and recruit the best engineering talent
* Partnering with senior engineers to drive technical initiatives that improve our engineering practices
What success looks like:
* Build a high performing, diverse group of engineers who have the technical and personal skills and knowledge to deliver the business priorities
* Your team all have clear career goals and development plans that are being activity used
* You have a strong relationship with delivery teams and understand what they ore focusing on
We'd love to meet someone with:
* A proven track record of developing and growing people
* Demonstrable experience in leading, managing and coaching engineers
* An advanced understanding of the fundamentals of Software Engineering, Agile delivery principles and frameworks
* A strong passion for delivering customer and business value through amazing user experiences Proven experience working in a Software Engineering environment and building relationships with stakeholders and business leaders
* Experience acting in a role such as Agile Delivery Manager, Engineering Manager, Development Manager or Scrum Master
* You're data driven, but you know when to follow your intuition to move fast
What's in it for you?
* Competitive salary, bonus and pension matching
* Life insurance, free private medical care, cycle to work scheme + more
* A bespoke flexible benefits scheme catered to you
* Best in class Learning & Development schemes and career development programmes
* 25 days holiday + never work on your birthday again!
* A dynamic social environment, from company-wide sports days, charity days, 'Give A Week Away' opportunities to visit our charity partners in India & company-wide celebrations to name just a few
* Huge staff discounts and sample sales
* Tech Develops days- one day per month dedicated to developing yourself and developing others within Tech
* Tech Presents days- breakfast mornings to collaborate and share your work with other teams