Descripción del puesto:
At (COMPANY NAME) Tax and Accounting (TAA), we build and deliver market-leading software that powers accountancy practices throughout the UK.
We are currently on a journey to transform ourselves from an on-premise vendor to a cloud-based software-as-a-service provider. This has involved re-imagining our products for the cloud by leveraging emerging technologies to enable collaboration, automation and intelligence.
Our vision is to be a leading technology and professional services provider to tax providers around the UK. What we want to achieve is impossible without an amazing team of people, spanning sales, technology, consulting and product development. We hope you can be part of this team.
We love the opportunities that innovation brings, and we are always looking at helping others understand more about why our attitude matters, so we think it's important that you know how we apply that when you consider joining us:
* We are brave, ambitious and make decisions, regardless of role.
* We are part of an organisation where we support our colleagues, and they support us.
* We are smart and fast in all that we do.
* Win or lose, we learn and move on together.
* We deliver in the present, while at the same time innovating for future success.
About the role...
As a DevOps Engineer at (COMPANY NAME), you will report to the Development Manager and work as part of a distributed team working across London and India. This is a hands-on role where you will work with services and applications hosted in Microsoft Azure.
We will expect you to:
* Take ownership and day to day running of Cloud Environment Development and Operational automation.
* Responsibility for Provisioning, Inventory Maintenance, Business Continuity Planning and decommissioning of infrastructure.
* Provide Monitoring and detection of issues, including trend analysis and Event and Alarm Management.
* You will be required to manage cost across compute and storage and provide utilisation reporting and cost tracking information.
* Determine industry best practices for our Cloud operations using cloud tools for automation and orchestration of the compute environment.
* Continuous improvement, issue pattern recognition, resource optimisation and security process improvement.
You will be an experienced DevOps Engineer looking for a new challenge. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow you to communicate complex technical ideas to non-technical audiences.
You'll be a self-motivated, independent, and a high-performance person, who learns quickly, and enjoys worthy challenges. You'll love continuous learning, so that you are on top of the latest technologies and want to share the knowledge with the team. You love to dive into complex issues, and have a sense to anticipate, plan and coordinate and improve operational efficiency.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Supporting web applications developed with the Microsoft stack that have been deployed to Windows Azure.
* Automating maintenance and deployment tasks with Powershell.
* Administering web applications on Windows and IIS.
* Build, test and deployment of automation using tools such as Azure DevOps and Octopus.
* Working within formal incident and change management processes (e.g. ITIL).
* A good understanding of networking for web applications, including load balancing, CDNs and DNS.
* Appreciation of application security including firewalling, security administration (Active Directory) and threat protection (e.g. DDoS).
* Using performance monitoring and logging to identify and diagnose problems via tools such as Azure AppInsights, DataDog or similar.
* Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
* Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
* Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
* Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
Desired Skills and experience (Not essential but beneficial to have):
* Exposure to managing applications deployed to Microsoft Service Fabric.
* Working with distributed, "cloud native" applications that leverage Azure services for messaging, data storage and "serverless" architecture.
* Building and deploying containerized applications using Docker.
* Basic SQL Server database administration, including backup management.
* Experience working in an agile development environment.
What's in it for you?
Well apart from the opportunity to play a key, influential role in a forward thinking, market leading organisation (with a Company culture that is truly second-to-none!) we offer a very attractive package including competitive salary and a comprehensive range of benefits, including 25 days holiday (plus 3 extra days for Christmas closure, plus public holidays), pension, life assurance, private health care, income protection, discounted online shopping, CycleScheme, flexible approach to working.
|Origen:||Web de la compañía|
|Publicado:||14 Nov 2020|
|Sector:||TIC / Informática|