Descripción del puesto:
May include but will not be exclusive to the following and will be based on the applicants' experience and clients' requirements.-
* To be responsible for practical synthetic organic chemistry utilizing knowledge, experience and literature to support new route and reaction design.
* To safely and efficiently design and develop reactions, work-ups, isolations and purifications.
* To conduct analysis and characterization of practical work using a range of analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC, NMR, TLC, GC)
* To support transfer of products to scale up facilities
* A degree in Chemistry or a related discipline is required.
* A minimum of 3-5 years, experience in a Research & Development laboratory setting.
* A sound, fundamental knowledge and practical application of Organic Chemistry to pharmaceutical drug design is essential.
* Appropriate relevant experience of process chemistry and analytical tools and techniques within a group organisation.
* Good foundation and experience with traditional analytical techniques as well as modern instrumental equipment (HPLC, NMR, TLC and GC). Must possess sound knowledge of analysis methods and tools.
* Sound understanding of chromatographic techniques.
* Understanding and some exposure to Scale-Up Facilities