Descripción del puesto:
Sanofi Pasteur is seeking a creative and highly motivated scientist to join the Biologics Design and Generation Platform. The primary objectives for this individual will be to support new and ongoing vaccine projects by producing and characterizing research scale mRNA Lipid Nanoparticle (LNP) formulations. It is imperative that this candidate be able to execute vaccine discovery and pre-development projects using chemistry and biochemistry techniques, with minimal supervision. Hands-on experience with techniques used for preparation and characterization of nucleic acid-based drug substance and drug product is required. The successful candidate will be required to generate, analyze and document data and to communicate their results internally. The candidate will be required to liaise effectively with infectious disease vaccine pathogen-oriented project teams to coordinate research activities in a multidisciplinary setting and as such must possess excellent presentation and writing skills.
* The candidate will participate in the technology transfer, implementation and optimization of robust, scalable processes for the formulation/encapsulation of mRNA at the 10-200 mg scale
* The work involves planning and execution of formulations studies including LNP composition optimization, DoE-based excipient screening campaigns and accelerated predictive stability studies, among others
* The candidate will work closely with an analytical scientist to establish sampling and testing programs for the Drug Product.
* The candidate is expected to have a solution-focused, team-oriented mindset and will interact closely with other investigators in research and development of novel nucleic acid based vaccine candidates
* This is a hands-on, laboratory-based role in a highly collaborative research environment
* Produce (lipid) nanoparticle formulations to support internal and external programs.
* Work closely with colleagues within Sanofi Pasteur Global Research function, CMC, Development as well as with external CMOs and CROs to transfer analytical technologies across sites
* Maintain detailed records and communicate progress and challenges, as necessary
* Perform timely electronic laboratory notebook entries, review and submission for completed experiments
Qualifications & Skills:
* PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry or closely-related discipline with 0-2 years postgraduate experience or MS in a similar field with 2-8 years experience
* Hands-on experience formulating lipid nanoparticles (LNPs) encapsulating mRNA (microfluidic & hand mixing, UF/DF & TFF, etc.) is required
* Understanding of lipid or polymer self-assembly and large molecule charge-charge interaction is required
* Strong laboratory skills with the biophysical methods used for assessment of LNP formulations (size, nanoparticle morphology, PDI, zeta potential, TEM and nucleic acid encapsulation/release) is a must
* Familiarity with design of experiment (DoE) and associated statistical software packages for formulations development is preferred
* Experience with large (>2000 nt) RNA constructs is plus
* Awareness of separation based analytical methods (U/HPLC, LC-MS/MS, CGE, SDS-PAGE/WB, etc.) and particle analysis/thermal stability measurement methods (SEC-MALS, DLS, DSF, DSC, etc.) is a plus
* Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills are needed
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all