Descripción del puesto:
ABOUT THE TEAM
The legal department sits at the heart of (COMPANY NAME) and is a core part of the business. Members of the team provide front-line guidance and support to all areas of the company, contributing to decisions that impact on (COMPANY NAME)'s growth every day.
The breadth of work you will encounter (and level of commercial involvement) is pretty unique for an in-house role, from structuring credit programmes to launching into new territories. We hire both generalists (typically corporate/commercial solicitors) as well as specialists (such as compliance), alongside operations analysts, all of whom have a large degree of responsibility for (COMPANY NAME)'s ongoing development and growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Disputes Counsel role will be responsible for managing and supporting a variety of litigation matters, as well as providing day-to-day pragmatic legal advice as a business partner to key stakeholders. Reporting to Senior Disputes Counsel, you will focus on the strategic mitigation of litigation risk to the business and the management of disputes. This will include both litigation within the UK, alternative dispute resolution, and instructing local counsel as appropriate in relation to disputes outside of the UK. You will be joining a small, but growing Disputes team, with opportunities for career advancement as the team and wider business grows.
What you will be doing:
* Running internal fact-finding investigations
* Developing case strategy in partnership with business units
* Identifying and managing litigation risk
* Driving cost-effective resolution of litigious matters
* Managing outside counsel
* Drafting, reviewing and approving correspondence and court documents and attending court hearings
* Coordinating disclosure, including collection and production of materials
* Advising business functions on a wide variety of contentious and non-contentious legal issues
* Keeping management and business units apprised of litigation developments and strategy
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Experience in all phases of litigation and ADR
* Experience in regulatory matters and issues
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and drafting skills
* Demonstrable leadership skills and strategic focus
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build excellent working relationships with all levels of management and work on cross-functional teams
* Ability to excel both independently and in a team environment
* Demonstrable ability to work in fast-paced environments and make sound judgements under tight deadlines
* Excellent organisational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines
* Common sense and a good sense of humour
* Thrive working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment
* Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
* Excellent academic and law firm credentials
* A current practising certificate
* 2-3 years PQE of strong experience as a private practice lawyer dealing with financial services at a top law firm and (preferably) some in-house experience as well
* European and US regulatory experience is a plus
* Experience in reputation management and advising clients on public relations related matters is also a plus
* Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
If we think you'd be well suited, we'll send you an invitation for a screen call with one of our colleagues in Recruitment so that we can get to know you better. We aim to get in touch within two weeks of your submission, so if you haven't heard back from us by then, your application likely won't proceed at this time.
A little about us…When (COMPANY NAME) was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we've expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we're looking for…(COMPANY NAME) is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We're looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we're Stronger Together. You're the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in (COMPANY NAME)'s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone's learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at (COMPANY NAME) to own their story and their successes - working with us means you're not just another cog in the machine.
* Competitive salary
* Biannual equity bonuses
* All the latest tech you need
* Skip the commute and work from home once a week
* Roll with a free (COMPANY NAME) Metal subscription
* Pension plan
* Private health insurance
* Start the day properly with fresh fruit and cereals
* Stay refreshed: get juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap
* Rest up with 29 days' holiday per year