Descripción del puesto:
Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on (COMPANY NAME). (COMPANY NAME) is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At (COMPANY NAME) UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that's why we offer you the flexibility to do what's important to you; whether that's part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Site Trade Compliance Manager
Are you an expert in Trade Compliance within the Defence Sector? If so this position could be for you! (COMPANY NAME) UK have an exciting opportunity for a Site Trade Compliance Manager to join the UK team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the compliance of (COMPANY NAME) UK operations and associated transactions to international trade law and regulations (export/import/re-export). The successful individual will also be involved with national and foreign laws. You will also be responsible for regulations related to the export control of Defence articles and dual use items and technology, as well dealing with restrictive measures and economic sanctions.
* Supervising the site Trade Compliance team including Trade Compliance Officers and Trade Compliance Support Officers
* To review and approve where necessary, all trade compliance documentation eg: CECCs, End User Statements, DSP5s and other supplier licenses, TAAs, MLAs Sales Order/Contracts and Purchase Orders/Subcontracts/Purchase Agreements to establish trade compliance requirements and to ensure that all relevant information has been included within the associated document
* Apply for UK export approvals, ensuring that End User Statements, F680 approval etc. is in place
* Apply US EAR licences, using SNAP-R
* To undertake appropriate checks for ITAR material (US suppliers) and ensure DSP's are obtained and programmes notified of authorised parties
Technical & Professional Skills
* Advance knowledge of import/export process and compliance requirements
* Experience of working in both civil and defence compliance environments
* People management experience, including the ability to coach, mentor, empower and enhance performance of team members
We are looking for an individual who has a wealth of knowledge across the following areas:
* UK Export & Import Controls
* US Controls - ITAR & EAR
* Associated degree preferred plus recognized export control qualification
* Solid background within import / export shipping experience
* You will need to be an effective communicator and develop relationships across the team and wider (COMPANY NAME) UK business.
* Ability to achieve high standards of compliance and to communicate clearly and persuasively at all levels across the organisation
If you feel that this is the role for you we would love to hear from you. Please click on the link below.
This is not a brand new position -
In line with (COMPANY NAME)' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At (COMPANY NAME) we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With (COMPANY NAME) employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now