Descripción del puesto:
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
Start date - ASAP
We have an ambitious global strategy which puts clients at the very heart of everything the firm does. We have a clear mandate around developing our existing strengths and relationships whilst increasing our market share in new markets. Our Client & Market Development function is pivotal in making the firm's vision a reality. Client & Market Development teams work strategically with our Global Business Units - all with the same vision "to be the global law firm of choice for the world's leading businesses of today and tomorrow".
Alongside world-class legal careers, (COMPANY NAME) offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
The Client & Market Develpment team's priorities are to work with partners on specific business development opportunities, including but not limited to competitive pitches. This involves research in relation to prospective clients and sector/market opportunities, scoping of opportunities, relationship development plans, creation and delivery of proposal documentation, project management, and strategic guidance to partners on winning new business and developing existing key clients.
The position will be responsible for the London Tax, Pension and Employment (TPE) practice which comprises 14 partners and over 50 lawyers and will additionally act as the central BD contact point for the TPE practice globally.
The applicant will be a highly motivated self starter and have a track record of furthering their personal development and career progression. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the practice area and develop a thorough knowledge of the products marketed across TPE and how these fit with the wider firm offering.
* Manage the production of RFP responses, pitches, capability
* statements and credential statements
* Coach partners on effective pitch preparation and presentation
* Develop and maintain processes for effectively producing standard capability statements and pitches
* Manage and improve the process for capturing the practice's deal information in the global matter database.
* Actively project manage all directory, awards and league table submissions
* Project manage the production and distribution of marketing communication materials
* Evaluate and project manage marketing campaigns, conferences, sponsorships and advertising
* Manage and coordinate client events (both off and onsite)
* Deal with press enquiries and writing of press releases
* Manage internal newsletters and contribute to wider office/regional/sector newsletters
* Assist with the project management of meetings/retreats and events
* Assist in maintaining the internet and intranet sites for TPE C&MD
Target and drive client focus and business development activities - includes client research and analysis, preparation of presentations and sales collateral, marketing communications, client events, seminars or other hospitality
Industry Sector Focus
Support global, local and cross-practice initiatives for a sector /
sub-sector focus team which will include leading business
development, marketing and internal communications across the sector I sub-sector.
* Strong experience in professional services business development within a professional services environment
* Proven experience of working within global organisations with matrix structure
* A track record of delivering across the full lifecycle of a pitch, panel pitch or capability request
* Strong stakeholder management across all levels
* Outstanding commercial awareness
* Excellent project management skills
* Proactive and a good team player
* High quality written communication skills
* Creative and flexible approach
* Coaching, influencing and presentation skills
* Confident, articulate, resilient and focused
To find out more:
Interested? To find out more about what it is like to work at (COMPANY NAME) in London please visit our careers site
At (COMPANY NAME) we understand that our true asset is our people. We believe that each and every one of us should experience an equality of opportunity and an equality of experience here. We are always working to develop and deliver the best and most innovative approaches to make that happen. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are therefore committed to treating all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
The firm will regularly review its procedures and selection criteria to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and otherwise treated according to their relevant individual abilities and merits.
We have a number of initiatives and networks that support our aspiration to be the Global Law Firm of choice. These include our LGBT, Gender Parity, Ethnicity and Disability networks.
#LI-POST #LI-WRAP #IND