Descripción del puesto:
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Commercial team in Reading as an Account Manager. This is the perfect role for someone with a strong background in commercial insurance, gained either within a broking or underwriting capacity, looking to join an established, market leading insurance broker.
What can you expect?
* The opportunity to join a growing and highly successful team working with a broad range of UK companies on bespoke and complex insurance arrangements
* A team that strive to deliver best practice, market leading service and solutions with a focus on client service excellence
* To build and maintain an excellent rapport with our clients, providers and colleagues across Marsh Commercial
* Excellent training and development with the ongoing career opportunities
What will you be rewarded with?
* Good work life balance with a competitive salary
* Comprehensive benefits programs including: excellent pension contributions, private health insurance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs
* 25 days' holiday with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year
We will rely on you to:
* Support Account Executives by servicing an existing and sizeable portfolio of commercial clients, by means of managing day-to-day queries, broking, processing mid-term adjustments and renewals.
* Request and review underwriting information on behalf of clients and understand their requirements
* Utilise in-house trading systems to collate and negotiate renewal terms with existing and prospective insurers
* Collaborate with Account Executives to prepare client reports for renewals and new business
* Produce and/or request Insurer documentation
* Undertake any reasonable tasks requested by the Team Manager or other senior officials of the Marsh Commercial business. This includes attending internal meetings and active contribution in issues discussed to pave the way for continued success within the business.
What you need to have:
* A good awareness of clients' business, their business issues, insurance programmes and service plans
* Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple enquiries simultaneously
* High self-motivation with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse backgrounds
* A good academic background supported by good grades at A-Level and/or GCSE in subjects that include Maths and English
* Competent in the use of MS Office applications
What makes you stand out:
* Competent in the use of Acturis broking system.
* Cert CII qualified and working towards ACII is desirable
We are Marsh Commercial, a diverse community of colleagues, serving a diverse community of clients with insurance, risk management and employee health and benefits advice and solutions.
We help clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve, combined with the time we take to fully understand and meet a client's needs, is what sets us apart.
We're also part of Marsh and McLennan Companies ((COMPANY NAME)) - a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. For over 140 years, Marsh & McLennan Companies ((COMPANY NAME)) has supported enterprise, helping clients realise, survive and grow in changing times.
We leverage the scale, expertise and access to the broad range of products and services provided by the wider Marsh & McLennan Companies for the benefit of our clients - whilst retaining the flair, flexibility and personal service that our clients have come to expect.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers