Descripción del puesto:
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
When you first think about (COMPANY NAME), you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges and an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago and finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years and we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines and restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, and giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders, restaurants and consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world and we do this in real time. Millions of customers and thousands of restaurants and riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And we're just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at £7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking and travel to retail and communications - it's clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. (COMPANY NAME) came top in the FT's' list of Europe's fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, and we were the first company ever to win Deloitte's 'UK Top 50' two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
In order for us to deliver exceptional customer service efficiently and scalably, we need to improve our ability to attract and retain riders in every market that we operate in. Designing and delivering a compelling rider proposition is one of the core pillars that will enable us to achieve our operational objectives. As Rider Proposition Manager you be accountable for end-to-end strategy and implementation of a rider proposition that is competitive and relevant. This is a high-profile role within (COMPANY NAME)'s global operations team and one which is critical to delivering long term operational efficiencies.
* Work with rider insights and research to build in-depth understanding of our riders' preferences and motivations by segment. Use these insights to develop actionable recommendations.
* Deeply understand the competitive landscape and make recommendations on how / whether we adapt to changes.
* Design our rider value proposition including identifying areas we need to improve our proposition and specific initiatives / projects that will allow us to do so
* Identify whether and how we should differentiate our rider proposition across markets and rider segments
* Work cross-functionally with stakeholders within Operations, other partner teams in HQ and in local markets to manage the delivery of any new rider proposition initiatives. This will involve project management and stakeholder management skills.
* Strategic thinking: develop a rider proposition strategy that will allow us to acquire and retain riders more efficiently in all of our markets
* Ability to deep-dive to drive insights: Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and using data to formulate actionable recommendations
* Strong project manager - ability to manage projects with several stakeholders in a logical, structured and disciplined way
* Cross-functional stakeholder management: you will need excellent collaboration and exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) - building deep, trust based relationships with local markets and global teams across several functions
* Logical, structured and data-driven - is able to use logic and data to prioritise and drive change. Ability to balance this with the bigger picture and how projects align with the direction the business is heading in.
* Relevant experience in value proposition development a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently
* Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously, while prioritizing appropriately
Life at (COMPANY NAME)
We are a small team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, we're always looking for new ideas and we're very transparent about the decisions we make and why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer and plenty more we haven't even encountered. How do data and technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At (COMPANY NAME) these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - and there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth and personal impact is enormous.
Benefits and Diversity
At (COMPANY NAME) we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners and because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed and able to share in the company's success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-up's around