Descripción del puesto:
Construction Cost Specialist (m/f/d)
DE, Hamburg | Specialist | Full-Time | ID: 2xxx8
Are you excited about cost management? Can you coordinate large construction projects and portfolio budgets? Are you able to you work in a time-sensitive setting? Can you improve the status quo? Then take a look at this exciting opportunity to develop your career at Vestas, a market leader in sustainable energy!
Vestas CEO > Construction > Value Engineering
Construction is responsible for planning, installing, commissioning and finally handover wind farms to our customers. Working closely together with the customer and other stakeholders is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, cost efficient and with a high-quality standard.
You will act as the liaison between the Project Management, Controlling and Sales Management. In this highly visible position, you will work regularly with Project Managers as well as a wide range of stakeholders in Northern and Central Europe
* Provide Specialist experience of portfolio budgeting reporting directly to the Cost Manager and the Management. Fully responsible for portfolio budgeting and corresponding changes. Cost awareness, financial control and project handover to the Project Manager are key functions to be fulfilled be this role
* Sparring partner for each Project Manager for all cost related topics in the sales phase
* Elaborate all cost bases for the budget management of the whole region (Scandinavia, Finland, Iceland & Estonia, UK + IRL, Benelux, DACH, Poland, Balkan Region etc.)
* Calculate budgets for all projects in region. Benchmarking with best-in-class on budgeting and establish/develop budgeting tool
* Commercial responsibility for evaluation and realisation of global E2E program
* Define, motivate and develop periodically budget workshops with sales, VPS, Sourcing, Controlling, TSS, R&D and Construction
* Fully responsible for the Pre- PostCalc deviations in the region
* Sole owner of cost tracking and cost out initiatives with all relevant stakeholders (VPS, furthermore Sourcing, Controlling, TSS etc) at regular intervals
* Define, direct and develop periodically trainings within all Senior Managers and Project Managers to ensure cost awareness, and using the right budgeting
* Question and support new product developments to bring down costs and ensure transparency of the product & value chain costs
* Graduated in industrial engineering or business administration or commercial apprenticeship with detailed (min. 2-3 years) work experience
* Experience from a construction related background would be ideal, you will be comfortable working across a portfolio of large projects
* Proven experience within cost focus on projects, financial control, cost analysis, budgeting and have solid business insight. Coupled with solid contract knowledge
* Solid stakeholder management skills, able to navigate various departments and relationships
* Independent, able to work remotely from the wider team but still collaborate easily across a large region
* Solid investigative skills, able to report and deliver information to different audience perspectives. Being keen and professional when challenging/ being questioned
* Very good technical and site understanding
* Solid verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Self-independent and a structured way of working
* Focused and goal-oriented
* Resilient in a busy work environment
* Sound Judgement
* Good Microsoft Office skills
* Solid Communication skills
What we offer
We offer a broad and exciting environment working on the most complex and largest projects the industry has to offer. You will work with some of the most enthusiastic colleagues across the region and the world.
This position is located in Hamburg, Germany. For a very experienced candidate we may consider locations such as Denmark or Sweden. There will likely be travel involved around a min of 25%.
You must apply online to be considered and please click the link above.
The closing date for this position will be 13th November 2021.
For further information please contact Eric Pieper - Manager, Cost Management +4xxxxxxxxxxx4
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas' success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work - no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at wxx.xxxxxx.xxm and follow us on our social media channels
|Origen:||Web de la compañía|
|Publicado:||14 Oct 2021|
|Tipo de oferta:||Prácticas|
|Sector:||Energía / Utilities|