Descripción del puesto:
The reconciliation team is in charge of controlling daily the adequacy and quality of SGSS Frankfurt's general accounting and of the monthly accounting certification.
As intern, you will be responsible to identify, allocate and follow-up on the solving of any break between the auxiliary cash accounting and the general accounting. You will be also in charge of producing local regulatory reporting (cross-border payments and securities portfolio).
Your Main Responsibilities:
Due to a planned short-term increase in business activity in SGSS Frankfurt, the Reconciliation team is looking for an additional resource. The position entails frequent interactions with operational teams in France (Paris and Nantes) as well as in Germany.
* Cash reconciliation of ancillary accounting systems (entries related to securities + cash processing) against the General-Ledger
* Matching of reconciled entries in the General-Ledger
* Strict follow up of breaks/open positions with the relevant business department (mainly remote operating teams in France)
* Escalation of open positions / breaks to management according to the defined internal procedures
* All reconciliation works have to be evidenced by an audit proof documentation
* Contribution to the production and control of monthly German regulatory reports, of which "AWV " and "Statistik über Wertpapierinvestments" i.e. pertaining to cross-border payments and securities holdings
Requerimientos del candidato/a:
* Currently studying at a University in the area of Business Administration, Finance or similar
* You must be enrolled in an undergraduate or post-graduate program
* Previous experience in accounting, reconciliation and/or controlling would be an advantage
* Ideally already some experience in the financial industry e.g. gained through internships, working student jobs or similar
* You are proficient with Excel
* Good communication skills
* Fluency in German and English (both written and orally) is essential and also an intermediate level in French is desirable