Descripción del puesto:
Are you a high performing student? Are you continuously demonstrating leadership and a willingness to learn? Are you always looking for a way to make a difference?
A High School intern position with (COMPANY NAME) Financial Services Company gives you unprecedented access to learn in a real world, Fortune 500 environment. Develop relevant skills and core competencies. Be mentored by seasoned IT professionals, and gain key insights into the evolving and fast paced world of corporate infrastructure technology services!
Our internship role gives you the opportunity to be placed within high performing teams across our IT Service Management function. Here are some of the teams you could help support:
* Collaboration Services and Technology: Supporting companywide Microsoft application roll-out, training, & communication
* End User Computing Technology
* Enterprise Application and Infrastructure Monitoring
* Hardware and Software IT Asset Mgmt
* Infrastructure Security, Business Resiliency & Patching and Vulnerability Management
* IT Service Management Systems and Applications
* Our core IT service management operations & systems (ServiceNow Development)
* IT Service catalog
* Technical Support Services (the professional team that watches our IT systems, and facilitate getting IT systems back up and running during IT issues or outages)
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
* Learn "ServiceNow" platform, myTechExpress by shadowing developers and Business Analysts as they do their daily jobs. (Daily use of Java Scripting, Data integrations, ServiceNow orchestration, AI bot development, Workflow designer, and more)
* Complete online ServiceNow documentation and training material.
* Updating and Creating process documents, with help and guidance from Developer.
* Creating and running reports to help team trend their work, help with creating reports from developer.
* Present gaps and issues to team, help solution for process improvements as you learn what we do.
* Work with mTE team to come up with standards and help maintain standard coding practice documentation
Requerimientos del candidato/a:
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Self-motivated with mature, professional and ethical conduct
* Eager to learn new things and apply the information quickly to different situations
* Excellent written and verbal communication and presentations skills
* Ability to build and maintain relationships
* Team oriented and collaborative
* Analytical and decision making abilities, problem solving skills
* Effective time management and prioritization skills
* Focused on delivering a positive customer experience
* Ability to work with MS Office Products; including Skype, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Excel
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU EXPECT?
A highly inclusive, supportive, structured and rewarding internship experience
* New Intern orientation program with general application and required system training
* Work on meaningful assignments that improve our ability to serve our customers, improve IT stability, compliance
* Structured support from an assigned mentor during your internship
* Scheduled sessions to meet key senior leaders
Technology focused curriculum preferred
* Engagement and leadership in school clubs, extracurricular activities, support or leading community enrichment events, preferred
LOCATION OF INTERNSHIP:
One Hartford Plaza, Hartford, CT
START DATE / DAYS AND TIMES FOR INTERNSHIP:
7-8 week internship. Summer of 2020
Monday-Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM (40 hrs. per week)
*Other shifts may be available based on business need
Must satisfy employment eligibility requirements as established by The State of Connecticut & Dept. of Labor, and pass required back-ground checks.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age