Descripción del puesto:
Are you interested in engineering and the law? (COMPANY NAME)'s Legal Department operates at the intersection of law and technology, and we are looking for a Patent Engineer who will help support and drive our patent-related intellectual property functions and operations. You will be working closely with the entire intellectual property team. We value partnership, teamwork, and creative thinking.
Our highly respected legal team provides innovative legal solutions to help make (COMPANY NAME) the world leader in visual computing. The work we do impacts some of the most consequential mega-trends in technology today: artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, and high-performance computing. This is an opportunity to learn at the cutting edge of technology.
What you'll be doing:
* Assuring that (COMPANY NAME) is protecting its technology investments by actively participating in the process of obtaining patent protection for (COMPANY NAME) innovations.
* Working with Outside Counsel to ensure compliance with (COMPANY NAME) guidelines.
* Partnering with other members of the legal team on intellectual property related matters, such as assertions, patent portfolio valuations, and assessments in the course of purchases and IP licensing.
What we need to see:
* Pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD program with a focus on Computer Science or Engineering.
* Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills, organizational abilities, and attention to detail.
* Ability to learn quickly in a fast paced, technical environment.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
* Experience in the high-tech industry and familiarity with computer systems, architectures, and artificial intelligence.
* Programming / scripting skills, or an interest in automating workflows.
* A passion for innovation, technology, and learning.
(COMPANY NAME) is widely considered to be one of the technology world's most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people on the planet working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law