Descripción del puesto:
We are now looking for Research Interns in Robotics.
(COMPANY NAME)'s invention of the GPU in 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI - the next era of computing - with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as "the AI computing company." We're looking to grow our company, and build our teams with the smartest people in the world. Would you like to join us at the forefront of technological advancement?
Intelligent machines powered by Artificial Intelligence computers that can learn, reason and interact with people are no longer science fiction. Today, a self-driving car powered by AI can meander through a country road at night and find its way. An AI-powered robot can build 3D maps of its environment, detect and track real-life objects, learn from simulated environments, and understand commands. This is truly an extraordinary time - the era of AI has begun. (COMPANY NAME) is searching for world-class research Interns to join our Robotics Research Lab in Seattle, Washington. We are passionate about enabling robots to reach human-level dexterity, perception, and adaptability. We are a diverse and interdisciplinary team to work on core robotics topics ranging from control and perception to task planning and critical areas related to deep learning, computer vision, and natural language processing.
Do you agree with us that the most interesting thing about this revolution is building robots to take on real-life problems? If so, our team will be an excellent fit for you. During your internship, you'll work closely with our research team to apply your experience and knowledge in areas of robotics perception, control, and learning to exciting robotics problems. This position offers you the opportunity to have real impact while working with some of the most creative and brilliant people in the world who are here at this dynamic, technology-focused company.
What we need to see:
* Pursuing a PhD (strongly preferred) or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
* You have shown expertise in theory and practice of robotics with a strong interest in connecting your work to robotics scenarios
* Strong background in research with publications from top robotics and AI conferences (i.e. RSS, ICRA, CVPR, NIPS)
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative environment
* Programming experience and proficiency in Python, MATLAB, C, and C++
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
* Expertise in one or more of the following: robot manipulation, robot control and reinforcement learning
* Experience and/or theoretical knowledge in computer vision, human-robot-interactions, and Artificial Intelligence
* Familiarity with physics-based simulation and natural language processing
* Experience with CUDA and deep learning frameworks (i.e TensorFlow or Torch)
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.