Descripción del puesto:
What you do at (COMPANY NAME) changes everything
At (COMPANY NAME), we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
(COMPANY NAME) Research seeks a Computer Science or Engineering graduate student to work on high-performance computer software and algorithm design. The candidate must be in a Masters or PhD degree program in engineering, applied mathematics, computer science, or related. The project would focus on developing software for latency-hiding approaches to optimize typical global operations in scientific computing applications (e.g. reductions, global collectives, and nearest-neighbor collectives) through asynchronous and peer-to-peer data transfers.
A strong candidate will have experience in scientific computing including:
* Experience developing scientific computing software applications
* Experience implementing and optimizing parallel methods on GPU accelerators with environments such as MPI, CUDA, HIP, OpenMP, and OpenCL
* Strong programming skills, especially in C/C++ and Fortran
* Experience with build system tools including Make, CMake, autoconf, and autotools
* Team development skills including demonstrated expertise with git, Jira, and LaTeX
* Performance analysis skills for both CPU and GPU
* Knowledge of software development practices including debug, test, revision control, documentation, and bug tracking
* Experience working with open source projects
* A track record of software contributions in the open science community especially the ExaScale Computing Project
* A demonstrated track record of publications and presenting at industry conferences
Requisition Number: 7xxx1
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
(COMPANY NAME) does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. (COMPANY NAME) and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information