Descripción del puesto:
(COMPANY NAME) is one of the leading Italian food groups, a leader in the markets for pasta worldwide, for ready-made sauces in Europe, and for bakery products in Italy. For over 140 years the Company has been run by a family that now has reached its fourth generation. (COMPANY NAME) America, Inc., the U.S.-based division of The (COMPANY NAME) Group, Italy's largest food producer, was launched in 1996. Just three years later, (COMPANY NAME) became the No. 1 brand of pasta in the United States. To achieve this milestone in such a short time is a testament to (COMPANY NAME)'s history of over 140 years of excellence in food production, brand-building, product quality, and global consistency.
At (COMPANY NAME), food production is guided by three essential principles: product quality, commitment to nutritionally balanced eating, and, of course, flavor, the unmistakable hallmark of the (COMPANY NAME) brand name. To maintain these standards, the Group engages in extensive research and development that helps us produce the best products, while always considering the concerns and needs of our customers. The Group also operates with respect for the environment and consumer health, and serves as a helpful, caring partner in the communities in which we operate.
Come learn from some of the best! Work alongside talented professionals to contribute to a challenging, exciting and rewarding projects. Our 2021 Summer Internship Program provides real-world experience and an opportunity to build expertise and problem-solving capabilities.
We offer a unique perspective into the world of food manufacturing with a maximum 12-week paid internship in our Supply Chain Department in Northbrook, IL. As a key player on the Supply Chain team, the Continuous Improvement Intern will have the opportunity to manage a Cost Savings or Operational Efficiency project.
Key responsibilities include:
* Extracting item volumes data from SAP & Microsoft Power BI
* Identifying 1-3 supplier transportation lanes to manage in house
* Analysis to quantify the cost savings opportunities or risk mitigation strategies
* Market research for optimum 3PL sites and providers
* Final presentation to showcase learnings and contributions
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Completed Junior year of college with a concentration in Supply Chain, Operations Management, International Business, Purchasing/Procurement, Logistics, Economics
* Effective project management and time management skills
* Self-driven individual with the ability to work independently
* Solid presentation and communication skills
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and maintain attention to detail
* Strong ability to work in teams and build good relationships high degree of personal integrity and work ethics
* Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel); Advanced Excel skills with formulas and pivot tables a plus
Applicants can expect to hear back from us by December 2020. Thank you in advance for considering (COMPANY NAME) America as a potential employer.
Want more information on what it's like to be a (COMPANY NAME) Intern? Check out this video testimonial of our past Interns: https://wxx.xxxxxxx.xxx/xxxxx?x=xxxxxxxxxxx&xxxxxxx=xxxxx.xe
(COMPANY NAME) is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of (COMPANY NAME) to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to characteristics including, but not limited to, age, race, color, culture, ethnicity, nationality, faith, religion, gender, pregnancy, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran or protected veteran status, political opinions, health or disability. We are committed to equal employment opportunity not merely because it is our legal obligation, but because of our firm conviction that it is right and makes good business sense