Descripción del puesto:
The objective of this position is to prepare candidates to become Extruder Operators. The trainee will learn in an on the job environment, as well as, documentation review and computer study. Trainee will work to understand and demonstrate all the responsibilities of an Extruder Operator 1. Dependability is an essential part of this job as well as the ability to team with co-workers.
Safety is critical to every position and person within CertainTeed and within the Buffalo Plant. There is no task or assignment performed without safety at the forefront of our thoughts and actions. The business has an absolute commitment to safety above all else. The position will be expected to use continuous improvement tools and principles to improve safety, quality, service, and efficiency of our operations.
* Accurate- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly is essential.
* Communication (Oral) - Ability to communicate with Supervisor, Extruder Operator, coworkers and managers effectively is essential.
* Decision Making- Ability to make decisions while following all Company safety rules and procedures is essential especially, when working in and around moving high speed equipment.
* Detail Orientated- Ability to note minute detail impacting product quality and packaging is critical.
* Honesty/Integrity- The trait of being truthful and credible within the workplace is essential.
* Organized- Ability to follow a systematic method to package product and build pallets, maintaining a clean, well-organized work area and insuring proper stock levels for boxes, bands, glue and labels is critical.
* Problem Solving- Ability to proactively find solutions or manage work related problems is important.
* Reliability- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy is essential.
* Team Building- Ability to convince coworkers to participate in safety, quality and service initiatives in effort to promote Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and capture cost savings is essential.
* Working Under Deadline- Ability to complete assigned tasks and maintain production output standards and improving yield under specified deadlines is critical.
* High School Graduate or GED
* Must be able to read, write, and perform basic math.
* Must have basic computer skills
* Communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers
* Must have mechanical aptitude and be able to use basic hand tools
* This position will work on overnight shift - 11pm -7:30am Mon-Fri
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. wxx.xxxxxxxxxxx.xxm
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans. <div class="col-md-4 col-md-offset-1 col-sm-4 will-animate