Descripción del puesto:
Job Title: Strategic Sourcing Intern
Duration: October 2020 - June 2021
Hours: 10-20 hours per week
Location: Roseville, MN, US
* This position will provide analytical support and participate in assigned projects for the Strategic Sourcing team. The individual may participate on cross-functional teams and will need to effectively work across several disciplines including Supply Chain, Engineering, Marketing, Supplier Quality, and Manufacturing. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Develop reports, metrics and processes to support Sourcing, Purchasing and Tooling teams.
* Use analytics to support commodity teams, sourcing activities and projects.
* Develop and expand knowledge of strategic analysis, supplier and market analysis, benchmarking, and sourcing effectiveness.
* Work externally with suppliers to ensure quality system compliance and adherence to financial system requirements.
* Increase knowledge of sourcing strategies and activities to meet specific business requirements through assigned activities and projects.
* Identify opportunities for process improvements that improve cost and service through analysis of sourcing information and metrics.
Required Job Qualifications:
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university, preferably in the field of Supply Chain with an emphasis on sourcing or supplier relationship management.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
* Previously completed an internship/co-op in Sourcing.
* Experience with business processes and systems functionality within Procurement and/or Sourcing.
* Experience with Oracle and Microsoft Office. Intermediate proficiency (or greater) with Microsoft Excel (graphs, sorting data, pivot tables, and formulas) is highly desired.
* Experience working with cross-functional teams.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and/or stoop.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of tasks, responsibilities or duties. Colder Products Company reserves the right to amend to meet legal, business and organizational requirements as necessary.
About CPC (Colder Products Company):
We are Colder Products Company, the industry leader in the design and manufacture of specialized quick disconnect couplings for the life sciences, industrial, and chemical handling markets. Used around the world in a broad range of applications, connection technologies from Colder Products Company allow flexible tubing to be quickly and safely connected and disconnected, reducing spills and increasing safety. Colder Products Company, a Dover company, is based in St. Paul with global offices and operations in Europe and Asia