Descripción del puesto:
class="jd__row--main jd__summary--main" data-reactid="113">Experience (COMPANY NAME). There's the typical job. Punch in, make widgets, punch out, repeat. Then there's a career at (COMPANY NAME). Where you're encouraged to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel unchartered paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. Do you have a passion for helping others? As a member of (COMPANY NAME)'s Wellness team, you'll help improve the health of (COMPANY NAME)'s greatest asset: our people. Your efforts will improve the health and well-being of (COMPANY NAME) employees, professionally and personally. Join the Wellness team to change lives and experience an internship as innovative as our products. (COMPANY NAME) Wellness offers a hands-on internship for undergraduate and graduate students in the field of exercise physiology, health and wellness and kinesiology. The internship offers experience in both the Fitness Center and in the Preventive Care settings. Students gain practical experience in lifestyle counseling, exercise prescription, and exercise leadership for a large and diverse population. Interns will have the opportunity to assist with health screenings and flu shots as well. The intern will receive regular supervision from the Fitness Programs Manager which will include direct 1:1 progress meetings
* Students should have experience in or knowledge of:
* Weight training and the design of personal exercise programs
* Prepping and assisting with maximal graded exercise tests
* Performing a variety of fitness tests such as body composition
* General nutrition and dietary analysis
* Should have completed coursework in exercise physiology, health promotion, Kinesiology or a similar curriculum, and be knowledgeable of ACSM guidelines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and high standard of integrity are essential; patient/client interaction is a vital aspect of our program.
* Interns should be highly motivated, organized, focused and open to feedback to ensure a successful internship experience.
* The duration is 15 to 20 weeks and compensation includes hourly salary, relocation, and housing assistance.
Responsibilities: Fitness Programs Perform health assessments for new fitness members, taking basic vitals, giving tours, and answering questions about fitness programs Provide one-on-one fitness consultations and exercise prescription with fitness center members Conduct routine floor checks, including equipment checks and troubleshooting. Assist members with exercise and equipment questions. Report or address any exercise floor issues Support special projects, events, and incentive programs Preventative Care Perform an assortment of fitness assessments in the Wellness center including resting and exercise vitals, resting and exercise EKG, body composition, strength, flexibility and endurance. Provide one-on-one consultations on diet, exercise, and lipid panel results Health Education/Outreach Build electronic health education content in Keynote on various Wellness and fitness topics Assist with the delivery of outreach programs, such as seminars, screenings, and flu shots (COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. (COMPANY NAME) will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in a BS or MS Degree program Completed upper division coursework in exercise physiology, health promotion, Kinesiology or a similar curriculum
* (COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. (COMPANY NAME) will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants