Descripción del puesto:
WHAT TO EXPECT IN OUR UNIVERSITY RELATIONS PROGRAM:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson students are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders.
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
* Opportunities for networking and professional development
Our students are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
If you are an Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) student looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! This role is an exciting opportunity to join the Industrial business! Based in our Cudahy, WI location, the EHS Intern will be responsible for the supporting regulatory compliance, incident investigations, and continuous improvement activities. You will support the development, updating, and standardizing of policies, procedures, and documentation for the facility.
AS AN EHS INTERN, YOU WILL:
* Assist in updating, modernizing, and standardizing of regulatory compliance programs, including lockout/tagout, confined space, forklift, overhead crane, and medical response.
* Perform risk assessments on standard production tasks and recommend countermeasures.
* Participate in the employee safety committee to drive collaboration between functions of the organization.
* Partner with purchasing to identify opportunities to reduce spend on EHS programs and supplies.
* Partner with production leadership to drive awareness of EHS needs and foster greater collaboration.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are willing to dive deep and ask questions to solve problems. You are interested in solving the root cause of problems, preventing the issue from recurring. You are respectful and professional, yet firm and willing to challenge the status quo.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
* Must be currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program, majoring in occupational safety or a related field.
* MS Office application experience
* Proficiency in the use of computer and software applications for data gathering, statistical analysis, report preparation, presentation, and communication
* Ability to communicate and work optimally with various levels of the organization
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze situations and develop effective courses of action where problems are complex
* Persistence and responsiveness
* Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
* Seeking degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Management, Engineering, or Supply Chain/Operations Management
* Experience in manufacturing
* CPR certified
* Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
* Sophomore or higher class status
* Prior co-op or internship experience
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical, dental, and vision coverage; 401K, and paid holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule - Core Hours
This role has the flexibility of a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
Why Work in the Greater Milwaukee Area
Cudahy is a quaint community located in Milwaukee County, where clean neighborhoods mingle with acres of parkland, major transportation access, and big-city attractions all within an arm's reach, with a small-town feel. Cudahy has six county parks and 823 acres of parkland, seasonal farmers markets in front of City Hall, and an extravagant Fourth of July celebration. With lots of community involvement, the city has many family-friendly events throughout the year.
The area is home to several major league sports teams including the Milwaukee Bucks and Milwaukee Brewers, with Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers, just 2 hours away!
Traveling in and out of the area is also a breeze! General Mitchell International Airport is just minutes away, with Chicago O'Hare International Airport just a little over an hour away.
About our Location
The 150-year history of the Vilter brand tells a rich story of perseverance and drive to cultivate continuous innovation within the industrial refrigeration and gas compression industries. Vilter offers the latest products and solutions for industrial refrigerators and oil and gas compression. Approximately 225 employees work in Cudahy, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Cudahy location
|Origen:||Web de la compañía|
|Publicado:||26 Ene 2023|
|Tipo de oferta:||Prácticas|