Descripción del puesto:
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
**U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship. You agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position with the U.S. federal government or other clearances as deemed appropriate for the role.
DevOps Systems Intern
Location: Herndon, VA or San Francisco, CA
We are looking for an DevOps System Intern to join a team of highly motivated Engineers working on Infrastructure deployment at scale. Be part of the team that solves infrastructure deployment issues with software, delivers high velocity and high quality infrastructure in private and public data centers.
In this role:
* You are part of the team which owns capacity builds, new micro-service rollout, tools development to solve build issues
* You will get a chance to understand how things work with a large-scale production infrastructure with tons of servers across numerous data centers and in public cloud
* You will assist in automation efforts in Shell/Python/Ruby/Go lang to eliminate manual work involved in building clusters, performing releases and other operational work
* You will assist in developing plugins to monitor applications and implement self-healing mechanisms to auto-recover from outages
* You will assist in writing Puppet Manifests and Jenkins jobs to build, configure and tune systems for resiliency and performance
* You will get a chance to improve your communication and collaboration skills working with various other Infrastructure teams across (COMPANY NAME)
* You will be interacting with a highly innovative and creative team of developers, open-source committers and architects
* Some experience with Linux Systems Administration and Troubleshooting. linux internals
* Experience in public cloud (AWS and related services)
* Experience or solid interest in any of the programming languages: Perl, Python, GoLang, etc.
* Knowledge of Networking protocols and components: TCP/IP Stack, Switches, Routers, and Load Balancers
* Experience or solid interest with container-technology (Docker, kubernetes), Splunk, and Public Cloud
* Experience or solid interest in any of Puppet, Chef, Ansible or other Orchestration tools
* Experience or solid interest in any of the monitoring tools like Nagios, Graphite, Zabbix etc.,
* Experience working with any of: Java Applications (JVM), Apache, Mysql, PostgreSql, Kerberos, LDAP, Tomcat, Jetty, MongoDB etc.,
* A continuous learner and a critical thinker
* A team player with great communication skills
* You'll be joining one of the best companies to work for! We take pride in our Ohana Culture at (COMPANY NAME).
* We strive to make the world a better place
* We build delightful products that makes our customers happy
* We empower people to bring the best out of them.
* We believe in trust, customer success, innovation, giving back, equality for all, wellness, transparency and fun
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At (COMPANY NAME) we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at (COMPANY NAME) and explore our benefits.
Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Sxxxxxxxxx.xxm and (COMPANY NAME).org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Sxxxxxxxx.xxm or (COMPANY NAME).org.
(COMPANY NAME) welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, (COMPANY NAME) will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position