Descripción del puesto:
Ligne de serviceAdvisory
Niveau de managementIntern/Trainee
Description du poste & résumé
Are you almost done with your University Master studies in a finance-related field? Do you want to combine writing your thesis with experiencing what it is like to be part of a global consulting firm? Then we have the perfect internship program for you.
Twice a year we start our internship program, in which you are part of a pool of interns. Following a structured programme, you have the unique opportunity to combine writing your thesis with being a true part of our Finance Consulting team and supporting in actual client engagements.
During the internship, you will be mentored by a supervisor / buddy from our Finance team. Moreover, you will have access to knowledge and data sources that are usually not available at universities. Commonly, a successful internship is a good first step to get to know each other and unlock further career opportunities at (COMPANY NAME).
Who are you?
We're looking for interns who are proactive, analytical and numerically strong. Furthermore you should be curious by nature, are interested in developments in the Finance field and have a critical attitude.
* You follow a University Master in a field such as Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration and/or Control;
* You have excellent academic results and/or relevant extracurricular activities on your resume;
* You are a team player;
* You are full-time available for five to six months, since we provide you with the opportunity to write your thesis and at the same time obtain experience in our practice;
* You possess strong communication skills;
* You like to analyse new issues and find solutions in a practical and creative way.
What does your internship look like?
The (COMPANY NAME) Finance Consulting team advises clients on the finance organization and strategic financial decisions. In short, we help companies with improving all activities and topics within the focus area of the CFO, who is effectively our primary client.
The finance organizations of our clients have to deal with numerous challenges, as internal and external customers increasingly expect valuable information instead of just plain data. Moreover, the sheer amount of available data has increased dramatically due to recent technological developments. Questions arise whether current finance organizations are structured to face these challenges. Is the finance organization operating efficiently and are people equipped to deliver the right information to executives to steer the company?
We offer you the opportunity to conduct independent research as part of our Finance team. We ask you to write a one-page research proposal, similar to the research proposal you would write for your University, containing;
Your topic → what is it that you are going to investigate? Academic relevance → what value does this research bring to academic development in the Finance area? Business relevance → what value does this research bring to (COMPANY NAME) and/or its clients? Way of working → what would be your approach to come to a solid thesis?
In your research proposal, please convince us that your topic contributes to the development of our Finance team as well as covers the required academic prerequisites.
Examples of topics for research include:
* Any topic related to a company's finance organization currently relevant in academia;
* Recent business trends, both internationally and specifically in the Netherlands, with respect to digital developments that have impact on the finance organization, such as robotics, blockchain or e-invoicing;
* The relationship between business goals and personal incentives;
* The changing role of the controller within organizations;
* The ideal set-up of the finance organization and the extent to which centralisation of the finance organization is desirable.
What do we offer you?
If you partake in internship programme, you will be part of an inspiring environment, experiencing working as a finance consultant and extensive attention to your personal and professional growth.
* You are part of a dynamic team of dedicated consultants;
* You will be assigned a personal supervisor / buddy (professional practitioner) for the entire training period;
* You are assured of various activities, inspiring colleagues and good compensation;
* You will be provided with a laptop and have access to all information that (COMPANY NAME) has at its disposal;
* You will be provided with the opportunity to meet your potential future employer.
Are you interested, do you recognize yourself in our purpose and values and do you fit in with the profile?
We would like to receive the following documents:
* Research Proposal;
* Cover letter.
We will be in touch within two weeks to report on your application's progress. Do you still have questions in the meantime? Then switch with Gabriëlla Brussé, our recruiter via email@example.com; 0xx xxx xx x5
Éducation (si vide, diplôme et/ou domaine d'études non précisé)Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certificats (si vide, certificats non précisé)
Langues requises (Si vide, langues requises pas spécifiées)
Disponible pour le parrainage d'un permis de travail ?No
Une autorisation du gouvernement est-elle requise ?No
Échéance de publication du poste à pourvoir