Descripción del puesto:
The Modelling Statistics team supports research & development teams by helping to define the design & analysis requirements to make the required data driven business decision. They translate customer analysis requests into smart, practical experiments that are designed to answer the customer's objectives. A Mod-Stats intern is expected to be an active, value added contributor to this team. We pride ourselves on being able to offer interns a challenging & interesting experience.
A successful applicant will need a general all round applied statistics education to Masters level + with some coding skills experience. Be fluent in English (spoken & written).
Key responsibilities of this role:
* Support completion of data analytics work requests to meet team performance indicators (quality & timing)
* Assist the coding specialists in application development and toolbox management
* Understand the basics of coffee processing and JDE coffee business (machine & product)
* *Comply with Mod-Stats team ways of working in project/data management (collaboration, storage, documentation)
Additionally in Second half
* Leadership of a data analytics application development project
* Communicate complex statistical concepts simply to influence data driven business decisions.
* Contribute toward method development initiatives
If you're brimming with entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to succeed, you'll fit right in at JDE. Working globally and locally, our Associates have been positively influencing the world of coffee for over 265 years. We love people who are not afraid to try, and who try until they get it right. We value strong convictions and encourage debate. And all this in an open, friendly environment where you can approach anyone and grow any way you like.
For this role as a R&D Modelling Statistics Specialist we're looking for someone who has the following skills and experience:
* Good team member, able to develop good customer relationships & communicate complex statistical concepts in a way others can understand.
* Good organization/project management skills
* Data visualization, multivariate analysis, design of experiments and statistical process control.
* Coding skills in data management & analytics applications using at least one of JMP JSL, R, Visual Basic and/or MATLAB software.
* Good IT skills, database development (structured data & indexing)
Your application at JDE
If you are interested in this career opportunity at JDE, hit the "I'm interested" button and upload your application. After receiving your application we will do our utmost to give you quick feedback. Part of the recruitment procedure at JDE will be an online assessment, followed by interviews. A pre-employment check can be part of the recruitment process.