Descripción del puesto:
PDEngg Researcher - Remote Sleep Monitoring
Start date: First half of June 2020
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Develop a laser-based illumination unit that will be used for large-scale clinical studies on sleep apnea patients at a specialized sleep hospital. The unit will be used to further improve the technology and solutions in the area of health and well-being, and more specifically for contactless sleep monitoring. You will use and extend your knowledge on optics and hardware/software design.
You are responsible for
* Exploring the various design options and developing the multi-wavelength laser-based illumination unit for contactless sleep monitoring.
* Evaluating the results with real clinical scenarios, and benchmarking the results.
* Documenting the complete work and present it in clear presentations and reports to colleagues and management.
You are a part of
The Remote Sensing department has recently been formed to become a strong competency center in the area of remote sensing, in particular in camera-based technologies and applications. It was created by combining experts with application expertise, clinical knowledge, video processing and SW development competencies to enable the development of integrated contactless monitoring solutions for healthcare applications. It consists of people who create fundamentally new (a.o. video and computer vision) algorithms, who translate such algorithms into prototypes geared towards specific healthcare applications and who clinically evaluate, validate and verify such new methods in clinical practice. The department develops and maintains the leading platform of technologies in the remote sensing space. It collaborates with the relevant businesses to create strategies and roadmaps for remote sensing applications. It provides continuous scouting and benchmarking of various types of new remote sensing technologies and investigates whether they may create new propositions or enhance our existing propositions in this field.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* A Master's degree in (Experimental) Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related disciplines with excellent grades.
* Excellent knowledge of Optics and Hardware/Software design.
* A team player that enjoys to work in multicultural teams.
* Good communication and organization skills.
* Excellent English language skills (writing and presenting).
In return, we offer you
This position gives you the unique possibility to learn about the many aspects of solving a real clinical problem. You have the opportunity to design and implement a complete solution and demonstrate its value on a real practical problem.
Required documents for your application to be considered (Mandatory)
2. Motivation Letter
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
The vacancy is part of the UMOSA project, a collaboration between Philips Research, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Center for Sleep Medicine Kempenhaeghe. All researchers within UMOSA are on the payroll of TU/e.
* For more general information about the PDEng traineeship, please visit our website at http://wxx.xxx.xx/xxxxx-xxxxxxxs
* For more information about the project and any informal enquiries, please contact dr.ir. S. Stuijk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* For more information on working at the TU/e and employment conditions, see https://wxx.xxx.xx/xxxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxx-xxx-xx-xxx/ or contact Mr. Paul Hulsen HR advisor P.email@example.com, tel. +3x xx xxx xxx9).
* More information on employment conditions can be found here: http://wxx.xxx.xx/xx/xxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxx-xx-xxx/xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx/.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)