Descripción del puesto:
Consider joining (COMPANY NAME) where people are the most important element in our business. (COMPANY NAME) is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
These positions are to join our innovative Professional Scientific Services (PSS) programme as an employee of (COMPANY NAME). The programme places full-time analysts, technicians, scientists and technical support personnel managed by (COMPANY NAME) directly at the client facility to provide long term staffing needs while maintaining the same services, expertise and cGMP compliance available at the (COMPANY NAME) facility. This award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
We are currently recruiting a Trainee Microbiology Analyst to work at our client site in Kinsale. This position is Full-Time and Permanent and sits within our award winning PSS (Professional Scientific Services) division.
If you have some or all of the skills and experience listed below, together with a degree in Microbiology or a related discipline we would love to hear from you.
· Environmental Monitoring
· Routine Testing and/or PQ Experience
· Knowledge of LIMS and Trackwise would be a distinct advantage
· 6-12 months experience within a Microbiology laboratory is essential.
This is a great opportunity to join our award-winning team and partner with one of the world's top pharmaceutical companies. The cornerstones of our team operations are quality, productivity, superlative service and team morale.
The ideal candidates will be good team players, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills, and be passionate about quality and customer service. They will have a flexible approach to changeable working patterns and be available for shift work should it be required.
Successful applicants will work as part of a dynamic, progressive company with excellent training and progression opportunities.
Excellent terms and conditions await the successful candidate.
The purpose of this job is to perform scientific procedures and produce accurate results within the required time frame under the customer quality system, using customer company procedures, and while adhering to (COMPANY NAME) general policies and standards.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Participating in all training required and scheduled by the Group Leader or the customer. Being prepared and on time for that training. Engaging in training processes and ensuring all information received is completely understood.
- Completion of training records, and ensuring that all records presented for review and approval are at the appropriate standard.
- Performing routine and non-routine analysis, as requested by the Group Leader or customer representative.
- Preparing and approving results for tests in which they have received the appropriate training and are deemed competent.
- Notify immediately to the Group Leader or a customer representative, any anomalous or out of specification results.
- Ensuring at all times that all documentation and laboratory records are up to date and of an appropriate standard .
- Ensuring that all work carried out is approached "Right First Time" so as to avoid any re-work or errors.
- Being constantly aware of customer's requirements and striving to meet or exceed those requirements keeping in mind the customer process end points.
- Dealing with customer queries where knowledge permits and to contact designated personnel with any relevant information or issues relating to test results or the service in general. Escalating queries or issues as appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with any technological or method revisions in their area, ensuring their training is complete and adjusting their work as required with approval from the Group Leader.
- Training as required, other more junior members of staff in analysis techniques for which the Analyst is competent.
- Performing second person verification checks as required by the laboratory schedule
- Performing QC samples in accordance with customer procedures.
- Assisting in the processing of laboratory consumables as required - labelling, acceptance testing.
- Revising SOPs and updating other documentation as required by the Group Leader.
- Providing cover for other members of staff as required and for taking part in the customer's weekend rota and/or overtime schedule.
- Ensuring that all documentation is completed on time. Ensuring that it is accurate and legible and conforms to the relevant quality standards.
- Assisting in laboratory investigations as appropriate.
- Adhering to all customer standards in the areas of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- Ensuring that customer's requirements are fully met or exceeded and in so doing will be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required.
- Gaining a clear understanding of the customer relationship and service goals.
- Ensuring that all decisions are handled with customer service in mind.
- Ensuring uniformity and reliability in all work practices.
- Keeping the laboratory area clean and tidy in both 'seen' and 'unseen' areas.
- Identifying any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement.
- A degree or diploma in microbiology / chemistry or a related subject.
- At least 6 - 12 months' experience in a pharmaceutical industry GMP laboratory
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills
- Flexible, adaptable to changing priorities
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally