Descripción del puesto:
SCOPE OF WORK
Project: USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program
Position Title: Finance Intern - Kenya
Place of Performance: Nairobi, Kenya (onsite 100%)
Maximum Level of Effort (LOE): 4 months
The position is open to Kenyan citizens and permanent residents or those with valid work permits at the time of application.
The USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program is designed to bolster the U.S. Government's ability to boost trade and investment to, from, and within the African continent. The continent-wide program is USAID's flagship effort in support of the Prosper Africa initiative and will expand and accelerate two-way trade and investment between African nations and the United States.
Driven by market demand, ATI embraces innovative approaches to achieve its goals. ATI is designed as a small, core set of centrally coordinated technical and institutional support activities, and a large, flexible performance-based subcontracting and grants under contract facility designed to support the needs and opportunities that USAID Missions and the private sector identify.
The Finance Intern is a short-term position which will be responsible for providing support to the ATI Finance Team. The Intern will support the Finance Team in ensuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. This position covers for the Finance assistant in his or her absence. This position reports directly to the Senior Accountant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Finance Intern will work with the finance team to provide support in the following task areas:
* Filing of finance documentation according to the filing system and retrieval when need be.
* Support in the VAT exemption and reimbursement process.
* Assist in maintenance and updating of finance trackers.
* Assist the Finance Manager with conducting review and spot-checks of finance vouchers.
* Assist with ensuring statutory remittances are receipted and updated.
* Participate in regular project management meeting
* Perform any other related duties as assigned.
REPORTING: The Finance Intern will report to the Senior Accountant.
* Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any other relevant degree
* Have graduated not earlier than the year 2021
* Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
* Good organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive inquiries
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to work in Kenya
|Web de la compañía
|08 Dic 2023
|Tipo de oferta:
|Gobierno / ONGs