Descripción del puesto:
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it's one that's shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we've brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren't just part of a team, they're part of something bigger. We're a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We're only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us.
We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We are in search for a Finance Manager for accounting, working closely and Finance Controller to run accounting processes and improve finance systems, processes and people. This role is at the heart of the business ensuring the integrity of financial and management information is maintained and senior management have accurate and timely information to make the right decisions.
* Group Accounting process owner for revenue recognition, accruals and prepayments, operational expenditure and transfer pricing/recharges
* Line manage the month end process to ensure accurate and timely month end results including insightful commentary and analysis to drive the right decision making
* Key operational partner for month end analysis, ensuring the month end figures are correct and that the wider finance team understand balances, movements and trends for the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement
* Lead the Accounts Receivable process, working with the Financial Controller to assess AR ageing, collection strategy and ensuring strong end to end processes.
* Month end balance sheet reconciliations (deferred income, revenue accruals, prepayments, accruals and payroll)
* ERP Administrator
* Partnering the wider finance function to achieve company financial objectives
* Assist the Statutory Financial Accounting Manager in any statutory audit questions that involve operational accounting
* Main focal point for VAT compliance and communication with authorities
* Continuous review of financial processes and assessing for fit as the business scales
* Ad hoc analysis as required
* Lead and manage their team (one qualified accountant and one intern), ensuring that the team are appropriately coached and developed
* ACCA Qualified (or equivalent) with 4+ PQ years industry experience in accounting
* Experience managing and leading month end
* Enthusiasm for improving processes and continuously reviewing process adequacy as the business scales
* Extreme attention to detail
* Completer/Finisher & Self-Starter
* Strong effective communicator
* Excellent presentation skills
* Team player
* Ability to turn high ambiguity into actionable insight
* Experience using NetSuite preferred (though not essential)
* Mature attitude and steady hands
* Team management
* Comfortable working in a high growth and fast paced environment
* Competitive salary and share scheme
* Free babylon for you and your family
* One of the nicest offices you'll ever see, located in the heart of Chelsea
* Free healthy breakfast, and snacks
* On site table tennis and video game competitions
* Regular social gatherings and an intimate, collaborative environment
* A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
* Free weekly yoga or football sessions
* Pension scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* BUPA health and life insurance
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That's why it's at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We're committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At Babylon, we have Power of Diversity groups (PODs) to drive positive engagements that create and foster a diverse and inclusive environment and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Our mission is to put an accessible and affordable health service in the hands of every person on earth. Diversity and inclusion play a key role in helping us bring this mission to life and create a true sense of belonging for all