Descripción del puesto:
At (COMPANY NAME), we're bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
Our platform, SpatialOS, lets developers transcend the limits of traditional game techniques, allowing swarms of servers running in the cloud to cooperate in order to simulate worlds far larger and more complex than any single server could.
At (COMPANY NAME), you are surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them, and who compel you to improve yourself. We're motivated by delivering solutions to our customers that enable them to achieve things that would be impossible without our tech.
As a Software Engineering Intern you will be placed in one of our engineering teams and be mentored by some of our experienced engineers. You will be developing large-scale, distributed systems which form parts of our real-time simulation platform. Interns will be given a challenging project or join a team supporting critical work, decided on by our Head of Engineering, depending on what is best suited to their skills and interests.
For a comprehensive overview of our Campus Programme and Engineering Teams, visit our briefing pack: https://bxx.xx/xxxxxxX
Example projects include:
* working with AAA game studios to build new gaming features into our simulation stack
* integrating new engines with our distributed stack -- e.g. physics, navigation, raycasting
* developing new algorithms to distribute and scale our simulations
* developing tooling to understand and reason about large real-time simulations
* low-level performance optimisation & efficiency improvements
* researching new applications of our tech and developing proof of concepts in the government
We would like to hear from you if you identify with the following
* An excellent academic record to date, ideally coupled with extra-curricular activity and/or internships in a software environment
* Knowledge of multiple programming languages and paradigms (such as Java, C#, C++, Python, Go, Scala etc)
* Growing appreciation for productive software engineering including Testing, Tooling, IDE mastery etc
* Demonstrable interest and passion for development (e.g. personal projects, blogs, Open Source projects etc)
* Algorithmic and data structures knowledge
* An interest in gaming, simulation or distributed systems
N.b. Our internships are always paid.
While we think the above experience could be important, we can't predict the future and so we're keen to hear from applicants that believe they have valuable experience. If you identify with the team & mission, but not all of the suggestions, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at (COMPANY NAME) are made up of an incredible range of talented people. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that's why our teams at (COMPANY NAME) are made up of an incredible range of talented people. (COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status