Descripción del puesto:
Description of the Business Line or Department
The Global Markets functions is a trusted partner to external clients (Corporates, Financial institutions and Asset Managers) in market activities, offering a cross-expertise in Research, Investment and Risk Solutions, Execution and Prime Services
The Fixed Income department at Societe Generale aim at providing a full set of services to Institutional and Corporate clients that will support their investment or risk management targets.
Thanks to market-leading research, engineering, trading and e-commerce capabilities, our clients benefit from strategic insights, flow information, competitive pricing and seamless execution across rates, credit, FX, and emerging markets.
We design solutions for our clients, capitalising on the full spectrum of fixed income and currencies products and services.
LINKING BORROWERS TO INVESTORS FROM ORIGINATION TO DISTRIBUTION
We service our clients on the full credit spectrum from Investment Grade to High Yield and X-Over and on cash as well as indices, options and singe name CDS.
GLOBAL FX & EMERGING MARKETS EUROPEAN MARKET LEADER WITH EMERGING MARKET FOCUS
Our clients can tap our capacity to execute large FX deals. We also offer a global coverage on all major currencies, and the local access of our global emerging markets platform spanning CEE, Asia, Africa and Brazil.
ACCESS TO CASH AND DERIVATIVES
Through packaged trade ideas or flawless execution, we offer our clients the best of our trading and structuring expertise. Our capabilities span from derivatives to government, agency & supranational securities to covered bonds, inflation-linked products and ETFs.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
Within (COMPANY NAME) Global Banking & Investor Solutions (GBIS) in London, join as a trainee, the Global Markets division (MARK) inside the Engineering department and work in the Flow Strategic Solution team (FSS) for Fixed Income product.
Summary of responsibilities
Your position will consist in the following tasks:
· Support the Senior engineer in analysis, trade generation and presentation development.
· Participate in the production of the Fixed Income trade ideas for FX and Rates but also Equity/Credit relative value options strategies
· Understand various exotic payoff and market events / drivers to propose relative value or macro trade ideas.
· Follow up on the performance analysis of trade ideas published by FSS, trading and research department.
· Build Tools automation for back testing strategy (momentum, systematic.), market analysis tools
· Extensive use of Bloomberg market data and analytics.
· Excel spreadsheet and VBA development
· Powerpoint presentations development.
· MIS tracking team output and PNL generation.
· Taking minutes of global team meetings efficiently
Requerimientos del candidato/a:
Proactive self starter
· Previous Derivatives & Options experience desirable.
Candidate has a previous investment banking environment experience
Graduate with a Master's degree from an Engineering, Business school or University, with a specialization in Finance/Engineering. You have a good knowledge of fixed income market.