Description du poste:
Berlin, Germany Fluid Dynamics Pedestrian Dynamics simulation
Who we are
We are (COMPANY NAME) and we are building massive simulations to teach self - driving cars human behavior. We are a young venture backed startup with an ambitious team who have both worked in the tech industry in the areas of simulations and distributed systems. Now we are looking to hire our first full-time simulation engineer.
We are on an exciting journey to build a deeply technical product which has the potential to accelerate deployment of self-driving cars in cities, make them safe enough for human beings to interact with and enable a plethora of other new mobility and infrastructure solutions. We are backed by world-renowned venture capitalists.
Please keep in mind that you do not need to tick all the boxes to apply. We value a growth mindset and have plenty of space to learn and grow at our company.
Who we are looking for
* Degree in Computational Mechanics/Computational Sciences/Simulation Sciences
* Good understanding of ONE or more of the following:
* Physics, numerics, mathematics and kinematics of pedestrian dynamics
* Agent-based simulation
* Fluid dynamics
* Particle simulation methods
* Good programming skills in one modern programming language (e.g. Python, C++)
* Basic experience in statistical methods for analysing simulation results
* Linux working knowledge
* Extensive experience in pre-processing and post-processing and writing code for solvers necessary
* You are able to communicate fluently in English
* Growth mindset
* Team player
Day to Day as a Phantasma Engineer
* Write code to implement new functionalities in solvers, pre-processing and post-processing toolsets
* Keep up to date with technological trends by reviewing academic and research papers and implement them in code.
* Set up multiple simulations for various use cases involving pedestrian dynamics, traffic flow using in-house and open-source codes
* Write codes/scripts to write out important data from simulation for post-processing
* Formulate algorithms and write codes/scripts to extract insights and important metrics from simulation data
* Comfortable using visualization tools and libraries for representing important results from simulations
* Interpret simulation data to extract, filter and classify vital metrics.
What will make you stand out from other candidates
* Coupling: experience in two-way coupling of different simulations with suitable coupling methodologies
* Data science: experience is using simulation data to build meta-models using AI and other surrogate modelling techniques.
Nice to have
* Comfortable working with different geometry formats for building simulations
* Comfortable transforming simulation data into different formats for interfacing with different tools
What we are offering
* Attractive compensation for a company our size and stage, including ESOPs
* Have impact - as one of our very first employees
* 28 days of paid vacation
At (COMPANY NAME) we value diversity and we want to encourage everyone to apply for this position, especially individuals from underrepresented backgrounds. We strive to create a candid and inclusive work environment where the best talents can thrive to reach their full potential. We want to build software as diverse as the world