Description du poste:
Requisition ID: 2xxxx0
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
(COMPANY NAME) started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
(COMPANY NAME) values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That's because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours. At (COMPANY NAME), we're huge believers in work-life balance. With us, you'll find job flexibility and career coaching, without compromising any of your valuable time at home.
(COMPANY NAME) employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
* Commuter subsidy for your mass transit commute to work
* Lunch on Us meal subsidy
* Venngo discount program
* Free pop and juice
* Foosball, pool, and ping pong tables on site
ABOUT THE PRODUCTS
(COMPANY NAME) is revolutionizing the database platform through advancement in main-memory computing, multi-core processing, and distributed systems and data management. The (COMPANY NAME) databases are the basis for a disruptive technology that fosters new design thinking in the application space. They leverage technology innovation to establish real-time analysis of business data and combine both transactions and analytics to improve existing business processes with a dramatic increase in performance.
We are looking for highly talented and motivated development engineers to work on wide range of database server products that deal with row store, column store in a symmetric multiprocessing and distributed system environment ((COMPANY NAME) HANA and (COMPANY NAME) IQ). Your skills and initiative will improve the functionality and performance of these systems. You will develop and enhance core components of these servers in a wide variety of areas (such as query processing, database store and access methods, distributed subsystems such as distributed resource management, and cluster lock management). In addition to current technology, you will work on new exciting technologies in the field of in-memory and distributed computing to assure (COMPANY NAME)'s continuous leadership in the marketplace.
If you have a passion for complex software design and development, combined with a strong interest in solving business problems for enterprise customers, then bring your experience and passion for developing and enhancing (COMPANY NAME) HANA and (COMPANY NAME) IQ to help build the next-generation information platform and solve complex problems of scale that are uniquely (COMPANY NAME).
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
In this position, you will:
* Be an integral member of an agile development team that designs, implements, tests, documents, and maintains various modules within the (COMPANY NAME) HANA and (COMPANY NAME) IQ database servers
* Identify areas for improvement in the current design and advocate for alternative methods to enhance the database servers
* Participate in the design and implementation of future cloud data warehousing initiatives
* Provide alternative diagnostic methods to resolve problems reported internally and by customers
* Collaborate with engineering teams in different geographic locations to diagnose and resolve design issues and customer reported problems
* Champion quality by consistently producing high-quality deliverables of significant complexity
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with at least 1-3 years of software development experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
* Able to multi-task and work independently, and take initiative to prioritize and resolve problems
* Excellent verbal and communication skills
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, and debugging skills
* Experience with Linux and UNIX development (including multi-threaded architecture and synchronization mechanisms, particularly in distributed systems)
* Experience using a variety of data structures and algorithms to implement new functionality or enhance existing ones in the most efficient and scalable manner
* Knowledge of the C/C++ programming language and familiarity with database internals and/or operating system internals
* System-level design experience, such as operating system drivers, file systems, access methods, query processing, query optimization, memory management, multi-threading and concurrency control; experience in networking is an asset
* Development experience in distributed computing, such as distributed database design, cluster file system, and cluster lock management is an asset
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At (COMPANY NAME), we help you make it your own. A career at (COMPANY NAME) can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
(COMPANY NAME)'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, (COMPANY NAME) invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org or Cxxxxxx.email@example.com, APJ: Cxxxxxx.firstname.lastname@example.org, EMEA: Cxxxxxx@xxx.xxm).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Database, ERP, Engineer, Developer, (COMPANY NAME), Technology, Engineering