Description du poste:
This position is located in the Division of Administration, Information and Communications Technologies Section, User Support Unit. The Information Systems Assistant reports to the User Support Unit.
The Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean is one of the five regional Commissions of the (COMPANY NAME). It was founded in 1948 with the purpose of contributing to the region's economic and social development. Its mission includes the design, monitoring and evaluation of public policies and the provision of advisory services, expertise and training to Governments, as well as support for regional and international cooperation and coordination activities. Please visit our website at wxx.xxxxx.xxg for further information.
Under the overall supervision of the User Support Unit in the Information and Communications Technologies Section, of the Administration Division, the Information Systems Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
* Installs and assists in testing and commissioning various telecommunications equipment.
* Monitors and tests the daily electronic operations of ECLAC telecommunications equipment, including the quality of transmission facilities and affect corrections as required.
* Develops, tests and implements simple computer application systems and solutions using UN established standards for IT technologies, networking architecture and tools.
* Serves as team head in the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and support of Telephony and Videoconferencing application systems; independently liaises with users to define and specify requirements.
* Installs computer systems software and hardware according to specifications; monitors computer applications systems using appropriate monitoring tools and produces monitoring reports.
* Prepares technical and user documentation for deployed computer application systems, as well as training materials and conducts technical presentations.
* Maintains functional specifications for Video Conference and Telephony application systems, programs and procedures developed and/or modified.
* Provides support for deployed solutions including version management, data recovery and deployment to users' offices; performs ongoing reviews with users and developers and responds to user's requests.
* Drafts correspondence and communications, including work plan revisions and other related issues, as well as prepares unit contributions for a variety of periodic reports.
* Serves as focal point for coordination, monitoring and expedition of video conferencing systems development projects, involving extensive liaison with diverse organizational units to initiate requests; prepares standard terms of reference; processes and follows-up on administrative actions and resolves issues related to project implementation, e.g. organization of and participation in training, procurement of equipment and services, etc.
* Keeps abreast of developments in the field; performs benchmarking and proposes new acquisitions.
* Provides guidance to new/junior staff.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of telecommunication equipment, principles of operations, including local area networks, Telephony systems, radio and video conferencing systems, voice and messaging systems. Knowledge of Video Conference coordination and methodology, and principles of digital transmission. Knowledge of synchronous and asynchronous data interface standards and protocols. Knowledge of Codex systems. Ability to apply knowledge and technical skills to install and test relevant equipment, provide maintenance services and user support. Ability to assist with digital video conferencing facility testing and troubleshooting. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
* PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
* CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients" and seeks to see things from clients' point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Completed relevant certifications or courses in Information Communications technology, Information Management, Information Security or related programmes is desirable.
NOTE: For positions in the General Service category, candidates are required to clearly indicate in their PHPs relevant information confirming completion of High School.
Seven (7) years of experience in information systems analysis and programming, systems
administration and maintenance, software development, technical writing or related area are required.
Experience in technology analysis and systems installation is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in Spanish and knowledge of English is required.
Knowledge of the second language (English/Spanish) will be tested, unless it can be supported by a certificate from a recognized institution.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
- Appointment for positions in the General Service category is done on a local basis. Applicants shall be recruited in the country or within commuting distance of the office, irrespective of nationality and length of time the candidate may have been in the country. Applicants will be responsible for any expenses incurred in taking the relevant examinations at the duty station, and of any costs related to traveling and relocating to the duty station in the event of an employment offer.
- A current staff member who holds a fixed-term, permanent or continuing appointment may apply for temporary positions no more than one level above his or her current grade.
- A staff member holding a temporary appointment in the General Service or related categories may only apply to positions within those categories. For full information on eligibility requirements, please refer to section 5 of ST/AI/2010/4Rev.1 on Temporary Appointments.
- Upon separation from service, including, but not limited to, expiration or termination of, or resignation from, a fixed-term, continuing or permanent appointment, a former staff member will be ineligible for re-employment on the basis of a temporary appointment for a period of 31 days following the separation. In the case of separation from service on retirement, a former staff member will be ineligible for re-employment for a period of three months following the separation. This equally applies, mutatis mutandis, with respect to a former or current staff member who has held or holds an appointment in another entity applying the (COMPANY NAME) Staff Regulations and Rules and who applies for a temporary position with the Secretariat.
- The expression "Internal candidates", shall mean staff members who have been recruited after a competitive examination under staff rule 4.16 or after the advice of a central review body under staff rule 4.15. Please note that candidates will be required to meet the requirements of Article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter as well as the requirements of the position.
- The (COMPANY NAME) is committed to the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity for all its human resources, including but not limited to respect for international human rights and humanitarian law. Candidates may be subject to screening against these standards, including but not limited to whether they have committed, or are alleged to have committed criminal offences and/or violations of international human rights law and international humanitarian law.
- For information on special post allowance, please refer to ST/AI/1999/17. For more details on the administration of temporary appointments please refer to ST/AI/2010/4/Rev.1. The Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and administrative issuances governing staff appointments can be viewed at: http://wxx.xx.xxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxh Staff members of the (COMPANY NAME) common system organizations who will reach the mandatory age of separation or retirement within the duration of the current temporary need period are not eligible to apply.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS