Description du poste:
(COMPANY NAME) Operations SAS
(COMPANY NAME) is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of EUR 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. (COMPANY NAME) offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. (COMPANY NAME) is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, (COMPANY NAME) provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a position of specialist in Aviation emissions impacts on climate has arisen within (COMPANY NAME) Commercial Aircraft Toulouse (France) in the Engine Performance department.
If you want to be at the heart of the development of the greener aviation of tomorrow and help overcome its challenges, it's time to join Engine Performance team within (COMPANY NAME) Design Office for a position in the R&T, Pre-Development & Environment group. Our team aims to deepen the technical understanding of aviation emissions and their impact on the climate in order to feed (COMPANY NAME) product strategy towards a greener aviation.
You will perform environmental studies on various projects involving new aircraft/engine architectures or fuel types, in direct cooperation with relevant (COMPANY NAME) stakeholders or external entities.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Assessment of new propulsion system concepts and/or fuel types with respect to their potential climate impacts within the frame of R&T projects
* Developing cooperation with external entities (e.g. research centers) and perform critical assessment of their publications and capabilities.
* Dissemination of scientific knowledge within the department and also within several (COMPANY NAME) Commercial Aircraft entities
* Support to works related to ICAO CAEP activities
* Providing guidance to (COMPANY NAME) R&T Strategy on priority topics
To perform these tasks, you will have to exchange with various external scientific and industrial communities.
This role will also involve some travels for business, and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to an Engineer's degree or equivalent, ideally PhD or post-doctorate in (by decreasing interest) atmospheric /climate modelling, meteorological modelling, atmosphere chemistry and/or physics.
* Recognized (professional) experience in climate modelling and more particularly in the evaluation of aviation impacts on climate
* Advanced level of English and French.
The following additional skills will be appreciated:
* General knowledge on aviation emissions (direct and indirect aircraft/engine emissions, spatiotemporal distribution, fleet emissions scenarios)
* Aircraft operational knowledge (flight profile, limitations: technical, operational and regulatory)
* Aeronautical meteorology knowledge
* Knowledge of aviation impacts on air quality (including effects on health)
* Scientific programming basics (to support the development of tools for internal needs)
* Project management basics
* Communication skills
You are expected to be autonomous and able to quickly evolve with internal needs, but also capable to work within projects teams.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to (COMPANY NAME) using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by (COMPANY NAME).
(COMPANY NAME) is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief