Description du poste:
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. We enable clients to grow, innovate and create value by helping them understand and better manage the risks they face, and ensuring they have the resiliency to withstand the unexpected. Marsh partners with clients to turn uncertainty into opportunity. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh Apprenticeship Programme North - October 2021
About the Programme
· 18 - 24 month programme starting in October 2021
· Based in Manchester, Leeds or Newcastle
· Permanent full time role with competitive salary & career progression
· Work towards Certificate of Insurance (CII) Level 3 Insurance Practitioner qualification
· Combination of on-the-job learning, working on real projects with real clients, a skills development programme and formal qualifications.
· Have 20% of your work time dedicated to focus on and develop the required skills, knowledge and behaviours to achieve the apprenticeship.
· Support from line manager and Early Careers Development Team throughout the programme
· Receive a bonus on completion of CII qualification
Roles are non-rotational and will vary dependent upon the business unit, however Apprentices roles fall within:
Broking: Within Broking you could be working within a specialty team to understand all the risks associated with a particular sector, and working with a team to broker a deal.
Account Handling: Maintaining an existing and sizeable portfolio of clients by means of managing day-to-day queries, broking, midterm adjustments, renewals and loan processing. You will be expected to effectively manage key relationships with clients as well as internal stakeholders within the business.
Client Advisory: Providing excellent levels of customer services to a portfolio of clients, responsible for maintaining and enhancing the revenue from your existing client base as well as undertaking an active sales role in generating new business through cross-sales across other divisions of the business and external opportunities.
Projects: Working on projects means that you will gain exposure across multiple lines of insurance both internally and externally, allowing you to build an extensive network of talented professionals.
Within these roles, you would be placed within one of the following business areas:
· Marsh Commercial
What do we value?
· 104 UCAS points at A-level or equivalent (B-TEC, T-LEVEL etc)
· 5 Grades (9 - 4/A* - C) at GCSE including Maths and English (or equivalent)
· Right to Work in the UK (We are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role)
· Willingness to share ideas, knowledge and experiences
· Team player with a willingness to learn and help out
· Demonstrates enthusiasm and pride in maintaining a high standard of work
· Keen interest to work in a diverse and collaborative environment
· Good attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and prioritise responsibilities
· Enjoy working in a fast paced environment & embrace change
· Able to work independently
· Results focused
· Desire to learn and grow professionally
· Must be willing to perform within company and department standards
What is a typical 'Day in the Life' of a Marsh Apprentice?
· Contributing to the achievement of own and departmental targets, key performance indicators and business objectives.
· Researching ways to resolve issues and achieve the best possible outcome for Marsh and its clients.
· Managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines while maintaining high standard and integrity of service to Marsh Business Divisions and external clients.
· Building and maintaining strong working relationships with Marsh colleagues, clients and external parties
· Proactively managing tasks in accordance with specific client requirements and in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Producing and maintaining accurate documentation and financial records.
· Contribute to internal and external meetings and support projects or enquiries
What's in it for you?
· An unrivalled accelerated foundation to your career with a global leader in insurance broking and risk management
· Join and work alongside a large apprentice cohort, share your experiences and build a network with other apprentices across the various locations
· Attend 3 'cohort' days with other apprentices
· Potential future progression within the company, developing your role with continued support for advanced industry professional qualifications
· Access to Employee Resource Groups
· Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
· Volunteer opportunities
Be part of a fast moving team
* A dynamic and driven workforce - we believe companies and individuals deserve more from an adviser than recommending the same things in the same way. Putting our clients first by providing innovative solutions is at the heart of what we do.
* Doing things differently - we're all about doing things differently, challenging the way it has always been done, and developing the way it should be done.
* Entrepreneurial culture - an approach supported and encouraged from the very top, that enables us to continually explore opportunities to improve.
* Grow our own strategy (GOO) - is a talent initiative that addresses the way we hire, develop, and promote colleagues by looking beyond the traditional talent sources on which we've relied. This important strategy starts by investing in Apprentices , Graduates and early careers.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy.
Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: (COMPANY NAME)) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching $17 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses. Marsh advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Oliver Wyman serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit mxx.xxm, follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @mmc_global or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers