Description du poste:
Cubic Motion creates and deploys advanced computer vision to transform the production and consumption of digital media. We're a company of around 100 + internationally-acclaimed computer vision researchers, engineers and a vastly experienced production team.
Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise tracking in marker less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading facial animation services, now bring real-
time capabilities to creatives and consumers alike.
Purpose of role
As part of our newly-created Rigging Team, the role holder will be working with Design, Code, and Animation teams. You will collaboratively bring characters to life using sophisticated scanning, rigging and animation technologies. You will
also help identify areas of the character design pipeline that can be optimised and streamlined whilst constantly driving to push the development of digital humans forward.
This is a great opportunity for the role holder to make their mark on the future of digital humans and be accredited for some of our forthcoming projects.
The core skills and experience required for this role are:
▪ Designing and maintaining highly accurate and quality control rigs for a wide variety of characters.
▪ Create simple tools to help animation workflows and interactions.
▪ Writing scripts to automate processes and support the animation pipeline.
▪ Subject matter expert in troubleshooting fixing rig issues.
▪ Meet delivery deadlines under production constraints.
▪ Management of the newly formed rigging team.
▪ Receive direction from leadership and escalate issues quickly, if and as needed.
▪ Mentor and provide support to our technical teams and artists.
▪ The role holder will be passionate about all fields of Character Development and Animation with a demonstrable portfolio of work experience of rigging experience for high profile VFX and/or animation projects
▪ Familiarity with pipeline issues and a big character/creature heavy post-production environment
▪ Expert knowledge/experience of human anatomy & facial expression
▪ Eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
▪ Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya Facial Rigging and robust understanding of all aspects of character design are essential for this role.
▪ Programming/scripting skills (Python, Maya aPI, C++) for module and tool development
▪ Understanding of Animation processes and be able to write technical documentation.
▪ Have an artistic flair, excellent communicator, team player and capable of working towards tight deadlines.
▪ A good degree within Animation, or an interest in Facial Anatomy and mechanics is ideal.
▪ Experience with working on photogrammetry data and FACS based rigging are highly desirable to rig photoreal characters.
▪ Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills
▪ Interest in or experience working with Unreal Engine
▪ Adaptable at handling different tasks and expectations
▪ Good attention to detail
▪ Resourceful and a good problem solver
(COMPANY NAME) deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here