Description du poste:
Founded in 1856 by Thomas (COMPANY NAME), (COMPANY NAME) is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
The purpose of the role is to support (COMPANY NAME)'s response to the growth of VAT/Sales Tax and other global indirect tax compliance requirements. The role is to assist in the management of global indirect tax compliance obligations and to design and monitor effective internal controls to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the data transmitted to tax authorities, primarily indirect tax returns. The role reports to the Director Global Indirect Taxes, but will also work with other members of the Global Tax Team and BBS Finance as required.
This role will provide the opportunity to proactively partner with numerous departments globally including but not limited to HR, Legal, Business Intelligence and Finance and simultaneously meet numerous stakeholders' needs and requirements in the area of indirect taxes including HMRC.
* Review and approve draft VAT submissions for all (COMPANY NAME) EMEIA entities.
* Liaise with IT and BBS Finance in order to obtain relevant data downloads out of SAP or from other relevant sources as necessary
* Audit and review transactional data to assess compliance with VAT legislation, best practice and internal policies and thereby identify opportunities for improvements in internal processes and control environment
* Design and monitoring of effective internal controls
* Undertake data exercises working with the Director Global Indirect Taxes to support future indirect tax processes, operations in new territories or for new business areas
* Work with local and/or BBS teams to prepare defence files to support contentious or refund positions as they arise
* Assist to identify new opportunities to standardise and/or prepare the information in a more effective manner.
* Part qualified in Indirect taxation (ATT, CIOT or equivalent)
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills
* An enquiring mind, the resilience to pursue a line of enquiry to its conclusion, and the ability to present and support these conclusions and provide clear recommendations
* Strong excel skills e.g. development and use of VLOOKUP/ HLOOKUP queries and Pivot tables
* Capable of finding and analysing relevant information, identifying key issues and writing findings clearly and to the point.
* SAP skills
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
* Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
* Resilient, self-motivated & positive.
* Experience of a dynamic and fast paced business environment
* Independent worker with a proactive approach to problem solving under the direction and guidance of the Director Global Indirect Taxes
Job Segment: Tax, Accounting, ERP, Compliance, SAP, Finance, Technology, Legal