Description du poste:
(COMPANY NAME) has built a new global network for recurring bank-to-bank payments. We're cutting out the intermediaries and linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of collecting payments directly from customers' bank accounts.
Our API powers recurring payments for companies like the Financial Times, Bulb, Survey Monkey and Nutmeg. It also enables partners including Quickbooks, Xero and Sage to help tens of thousands of small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
We are looking for an experienced BI Analyst. As an experienced BI practitioner you'll bring your expertise to bear on our data and business, building out our BI capabilities.
After first learning the ropes in our Central Analytics function, ultimately you'll be embedded in a specific business function in order to drive first-class data products and practice into functional operations, with possibilities for future rotations.
Your key contribution will be to define, generate, analyse, interpret and communicate the metrics which underpin that business function. You'll help people make better, faster, more data-driven decisions and develop an expert knowledge of your functional domain, along with a deep knowledge of (COMPANY NAME)'s operations as a whole.
You'll sit in our Product Development team and will work with technical and non-technical people across the whole company, from Risk to Marketing to Sales.
The main elements of this role will involve:
* Building new BI capability : working with stakeholders to agree clear, unambiguous KPI definitions and mapping the relationships between leading and lagging metrics.
* Building, maintaining and communicating data products to track key performance indicators against objectives
* Working with people across the company to enable them to self-serve Business Intelligence through Looker, our BI platform of choice
* Working with engineers to prototype, design and build pipelines which take raw data from production systems and deliver them in a format suitable for querying
* Doing deep-dive analysis of data to both test specific hypothesis and generate new business insights
Some example of the types of challenges that you'll help the business with:
* "Should we improve the signup flow or the dashboard next month?"
* "Which product should we focus on to generate the most revenue?"
* "Which industry is the most risky for us?"
Who we're looking for
* You can point to a solid track record as a Business Intelligence practitioner
* You're a self-starter - you take initiative in spotting opportunities and finding ways to solve challenges with data
* You're used to talking about your work in a clear way to others around you
* You're good at quickly getting a grasp of any dataset that you're working with
* You can judge when an analysis requires a 5 decimal point precision versus a back-of-the-envelope calculation
* You'll have experienced the technical challenges of setting up self-serve BI and be interested in the technology behind the scenes
* You'll be able to demonstrate how you have automated repetitive tasks
* You have commercial experience in a fast moving company
* You have strong experience in SQL
* A degree (or equivalent work experience) in a numerate field (Business / Commercial / Science / Maths etc)
* You have very strong data visualisation skills, including usage of self-serve tools like Tableau, QlikView, Looker or similar
* You can communicate your analyses clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Bonus points for exposure to cutting edge data technologies like Google BigQuery, dbt and Airflow
Our team come from a variety of backgrounds and we welcome diversity - if you're unsure, please apply