Description du poste:
We're empowering people to FeelGood about their money.
We're been on this journey since 2004, when we built the first ever peer-to-peer lending company to give people access to simpler, better-value loans and investments. When it comes to money, we think everyone deserves a fair deal, so since we launched, we've helped hundreds of thousands of customers to take the stress out of money by building our business on honesty, transparency and trust.
Our journey's always evolving and we're now launching a bank. But a different type of bank - one that empowers its customers to take control of their finances and FeelGood about their money.
If you embrace being challenged beyond the norm, aren't afraid to think differently and are motivated by working somewhere you can really make an impact, you'll love life here at (COMPANY NAME).
Are you a hands-on mobile developer with a passion for building apps that make people feel good?
If so, read on. We are looking for strong mobile developers with experience in delivering iOS and Android mobile apps from conception all the way to release. Every engineer in our teams plays a key role, so you'll need to be comfortable thinking on your feet, learning new technology, and pushing for impact. But you won't be doing it alone: you'll have the support of a cross-functional team around you, including backend engineers, designers, and product people.
About the team
We're looking for people who are comfortable with a fair bit of uncertainty, fast change, and love solving really hard problems collaboratively. We make decisions fast and move on, trusting data first and using sharp instincts and experience when the data falls short. We communicate and listen with attention, and connect the dots before implementing.
Why what we do matters
Next to health and relationships, a person's financial situation is central to their well-being and we draw our motivation from making people's lives better through fair, simple, and easy financial products. Our app will make people feel good about money.
As a developer, you're interested in the problem, not just the requirements on a ticket. You're as ambitious about the speed and quality of your work as our plans for new products and launches. You know that your impact is not measured in pristineness of code, but the result for the user. In a team, you're highly proactive and speak up & challenge when needed in service of speed and quality.
Some of the things you'll be doing day to day
* Work in a small, cross-functional squad on feelgood money features or making our app more and more robust and delightful
* Make sure we have all the infrastructure in place that we need to build fast and clean
* Learn new skills, whether it's about deploying mobile apps or the latest intricacies of TypeScript
* Collaborate with designers on ways to make the (COMPANY NAME) app truly feelgood
* Deliver fast, semantically clean React Native code
* Experience developing cross-platform mobile apps, including using native features
* Working knowledge of React (Native preferred, JS fine too) is highly preferred
* Solid understanding of version control tools (ideally Git)
* A passion for your craft and doing things "right" (semantics, validity, maintainability, …)
* An interest in our mission and strong customer focus
* Previous work with backend APIs
Bonus points (but not strict requirement) for:
* Working knowledge of TypeScript, Redux, React Native
* Experience in financial services or a similarly regulated environment
* Previous experience in a small startup or other "lean" environment
* A proved track record of picking up new technologies and delivering things with them quickly
To show us you're up to the task, we'd like to see links to examples of your work and any code that you're happy to share.
To thrive here, you'll need to:
Champion our customers. Whatever your role, you'll be close to our customers. We care passionately about doing the best for them.
Help us make fearless choices. Our environment is fast-paced, agile and open. You'll solve interesting and challenging problems, and be trusted and empowered to bring your ideas to life.
Walk the talk. Like us, you'll be honest, stick to your promises and face the tough moments head-on.
Win smarter. You'll be always on the lookout for a better way of doing things, going beyond 'good enough' and welcoming different points of view.
Be in it together. You'll join an ambitious, diverse and all-round approachable team with a mix of ideas and talents who inspire each other to be better every day.
(COMPANY NAME) is proud to offer a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds leads to great products and unique company culture. We simply can't expect to empower our customers to better manage their money without challenging the current status quo. Creating the best place for money is no easy task, which is why we need talent from all walks of life