Description du poste:
class="m-job__section cms max-content-width js-scroll-in t-job-description">
(COMPANY NAME) offers a unique opportunity for engineers as a permanent Motor Drives Engineer positions based in its Research, Design and Development (RDD) Centre in Malmesbury, U.K. which focuses on researching and developing high performance electrical machines and drives. If you would like to register your details for future roles and projects please complete the registration.
About the role
Lead development of novel high performance electric motor topologies and construction methods.
Create, review and maintain tools (normally Finite Element Analysis) for electromagnetic modelling of motor designs.
Specify, develop, integrate, improve and extend dynamic system simulation tools (Matlab/Simulink/SimScape) to accurately model motor performance. Develop motor control and electromagnetic designs to meet the target performance. Use system modelling to meet product specific requirements, e.g. lowest cost/smallest and most efficient solution for the whole power system.
Lead, instigate and evaluate testing & verification of new motor drive designs. Responsible for ensuring test coverage and effectiveness.
Work with other (COMPANY NAME) Engineers globally to deliver the best solution for the user and product. As a senior engineer you will be responsible for ensuring development is not siloed and that the needs of other disciplines and teams are accounted for in design and optimisation.
Define product performance, reliability and cost expectations to meet product goals. Assist with scoping and ensure this can be met within the planned timeline of the project.
Mentor junior members of the team to help them understand technical matters, self-management and the engineering project lifecycle. This may include (COMPANY NAME) Institute undergraduate students.
* Form, lead and work with cross-functional teams on urgent issues arising from production, development, company requirements or time-bound opportunities.
* Ensure innovation, tool and project documentation is delivered and is of the required standard.
* Monitor lab procedures to ensure safe working, validity of test results and best use of engineer-time.
* Instigate improvements to toolsets, equipment, procedures, test methods and ways of working to support the team's delivery of challenging projects.
· Practical knowledge of the fundamentals of electromagnetic machine operation and an appreciation of machine design theory coupled with experience in the use of 2D and 3D static and transient electromagnetic FEA software such as Infolytica's MagNet, Ansys Maxwell
· Good understanding of power electronics with appropriate practical skills
· Extensive practical and laboratory skills with confidence in the critical testing of motors and associated power systems. Experience in troubleshooting measurement, integration or production issues.
· Expertise in system-level simulation of motors and drives (including electronics and software aspects of the drive) and the role of this in the integrated development of design and control.
· Good experience with Matlab/Simulink/SimScape simulation tools.
· Experience with motor control (including position sensing) techniques for a variety of motors. Including software and hardware requirements.
· Be a creative thinker, highly self-motivated and self-reliant with enthusiasm for motors and power systems.
· Be flexible, open-minded and show strategic experience to allow the team to respond quickly to changes in project priorities and develop novel solutions. Be able to demonstrate sound theoretical knowledge, reasoning and problem solving skills in engineering.
· Be able to clearly report progress in internal and external meetings, calls, team presentations together with producing a high standard of documentation that is archived in accordance with company procedures.
· First degree in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent, preferably with a machines and drives bias. Subsequent applied industrial/academic experience including work on live projects and delivery of integrated systems.
* Training opportunities (In house and External)
* A good work-life balance (we work hard whilst we are here, but we don't typically work late nights or weekends)
* Interesting and varied work, where you won't be pigeon-holed
* The opportunity to work on products that that you will see in the shops and that you can be proud to have been a part of
* Working with other highly-experienced engineers and continuing to learn something new every day
We are following the government guidelines regarding COVID19. At this time all interviews will be conducted via video or telephone. We're taking these precautionary measures to protect both our employee and candidate wellbeing. Our Talent Acquisition team will work with you and provide further information as appropriate