Description du poste:
The OOSA-SPIDER Section internship is for a total of three (3) months with an opportunity for extension up to a total of six (6) months, pending on the needs of the office and the availability of the intern.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Interns work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Given the current situation due to COVID-19, selected interns may have to work remotely from their country of nationality/residence, subject to travel restrictions in effect both in their home country and Germany as well as availability of affordable air or surface transportation as applicable.
For more information on UNOOSA, please visit the following website: wxx.xxxxxx.xxg
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual's background; the intern's assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
1. Support the UN-SPIDER Bonn office with drafting and publishing content in the UN-SPIDER Knowledge Portal
2. Identify news from the space and the disaster management community, including relevant publications, for subsequent posting in the UN-SPIDER Knowledge Portal
3. Support the UN-SPIDER Bonn office with tasks related to the International Network for Multi-Hazard Early Warning Systems (IN-MHEWS) and the Global Partnership using Space Technology Applications in Disaster Risk Reduction (GP-STAR)
4. Support the Bonn Office in the production of public information and awareness-raising material
5. Identify virtual training opportunities for subsequent posting in the UN-SPIDER Knowledge Portal.
6. Support the UN-SPIDER Bonn Office with other tasks such as the organization of webinars, the UN-SPIDER Bonn International conference, or advisory missions
7. Perform other tasks, as necessary
8. Give a presentation on his/her internship and write an internship report
Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Planning and organizing:
Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
* Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor's level or equivalent); or (c) recently have graduated with a university degree (as defined above);
(OFFICIAL PROOF FROM THE UNIVERSITY IN SUPPORT OF ONE OF THE ABOVE OPTIONS HAS TO BE ATTACHED TO THE INSPIRA APPLICATION)
* Field of study required: social sciences, literature, communication, information technologies, diplomacy or related fields.
* Be computer literate in standard software applications;
* Proficiency in (copy-)editing, writing for a broad audience, using content management systems (e.g. Drupal), in using graphic design tools (i.e. Illustrator, Photoshop) and desktop publishing software (i.e. InDesign) is desirable;
* Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
* Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
No working experience is required to apply for the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the (COMPANY NAME) during your internship.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME). Fluency in English, i.e. oral and written proficiency is required. Knowledge of another official (COMPANY NAME) language is an advantage.
Considered candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager for further assessment.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
*Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?)
*Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
*Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
*Explain your interest in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
The (COMPANY NAME) believes that an inclusive culture attracts the best talent and encourages all qualified applicants, regardless of gender, disability, sexual orientation, cultural or religious backgrounds, to apply.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS
|Origine:||Site web de l'entreprise|
|Publié:||22 Oct 2021|
|Type de poste:||Stage|
|Secteur:||Gouvernement / ONG|
|Durée d'emploi:||un mois|