Description du poste:
TECS is a dynamic company that has been at the top of its field in offering full immersion programmes for over 20 years. Everyone in TECS has been a monitor or teacher on our camps previously, meaning that we know first-hand what it is like to work on our camps and how to best train, prepare and inspire our staff to have the same amazing experience that we have had.
We are full of energy and have a true passion for our programmes, which we hope to pass onto you! We are a hard working team who genuinely strive to produce a great experience for our students. We believe that great staff are the key to running great programmes and we have the experience to help our staff to be dedicated, passionate unit that works well together to create the best programmes for our students, whilst also working in a fun environment.
We are looking for monitors (or counsellors) to work on our School Camps. These camps are mini residential camps that typical run between 3-5 days in our site in El Puerto de Santa Maria, located between Cadiz and Jerez. These camps largely take place in the months of February-March and May-June, however this depends on when schools wish to have them.
When we have a school camp you will live on the camp site (which is in the same town) where you will be a monitor or group leader to a group of the kids. During these camps you will be a role model, friend, instructor and hero to campers aged from 6-17 years (depending on what camp you work at). Your main role will be to run activities and sports with them, although you will also supervise them during various parts of the day including projects, crafts, evening entertainment, and waking up and putting to bed. This type of work means long hours and lot’s of energy, but it is also fun and engaging work in beautiful surroundings.
In 2017, we had a total of 9 School Camps between February – March and for 2018 we hope to grow that number to 10-15 camps that run for 2-5 days each. This means that, more often than not, we don’t have any School Camps running. When we don’t have these then our camp staff will assist with preparations for upcoming School Camps, be it preparing materials, developing materials, or assisting with any administration necessary. To make up for the long hours that staff do on the camps we try to make this up by giving staff an extra full day off after the camps (when possible). Between programmes staff only work a few hours each day, to allow them to enjoy the sunny south of Spain and it’s beautiful surroundings.
For those interested, we would love to offer positions on our summer camps in July and August. With our ongoing training and development, we hope that you will be prepared to either become a full TEFL teacher on one of our summer camps, or possibly be a Activity Coordinator; a position whereby you would be a manager of a team of up to 20 staff.
Profil requis du candidat:
We will only review those candidates with a 1st or 2nd EU citizenship.
1. A Level or Higher qualifications or another nation’s equivalent.
2. Applicants with special: First Aid, Lifeguarding, Arts and Crafts, Music or Sporting qualifications will be looked upon favourably.
3. Any Camp staff member must be 18 years of age before the starting date of contract
1. First class interpersonal skills with ability to control children in a motivational and fair way, which enables campers to integrate into the English environment smoothly and encourages them to speak English.
2. High energy levels and a young but responsible mature outlook on life and work.
3. A positive attitude and ability to put yourself in other’s shoes, in order to work effectively as a key part of a large diverse team.
4. Adaptability and ability to think on the spot in what can be at times a highly unpredictable and spontaneous environment.