Description du poste:
Student Intern - HHSIAN
We're determined to make a difference and are proud to be an insurance company that goes well beyond coverages and policies. Working here means having every opportunity to achieve your goals - and to help others accomplish theirs, too. Join our team as we help shape the future.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
The Global Specialty Emerging Underwriter Program for Summer Associates is designed to prepare college students for the specialty insurance market. Summer Associates will participate in a program that provides a combination of general insurance and business specific learning with job shadowing, systems training as well as participation in marketing calls and events. Associates will have networking opportunities with Global Specialty leadership and work with their summer cohort on team projects focused on real business needs.
* Assist team by performing tasks and business specific curriculum designed to gain an understanding of the insurance marketplace while providing information / research to the team
* Achieve standards established for success in the program by completing daily assignments; plan and prioritize work activities to achieve desired results within necessary time frames
* Actively participate by asking questions, volunteering answers, and assisting teammates as appropriate
* Participate fully with the other Summer Associates on any group/team activities, as assigned by the manager or program leader
* Effectively use online resources, automation tools, and computer software packages
* Continuously develop and strengthen the skills required for success in the underwriting position
What's in it for you?
* Assigned to a challenging work experience to develop analytical, technical and leadership skills and build industry knowledge
* Attend weekly business meetings and personal development workshops as well as meet regularly meet with your manager and peer mentor
* Successful interns have the potential to be considered for full-time employment
What is (COMPANY NAME) looking for?
* Students expecting to graduate in May 2025 or December 2024 with a bachelor's degree in Risk Management and Insurance, Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Marketing, or Liberal Arts with minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
* Must have a record of high achievement, analytical thinking, self-motivation, relationship building and a solid work ethic
* Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
* Competitive nature and strong desire to win
* Ability to analyze and reason through complex problems and make sound recommendations in a fast-paced environment
* High energy self-starter, good decision maker with an entrepreneurial spirit
* Solid time management skills
* Computer savvy, experience with MS office suite
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of (COMPANY NAME)'s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
About Us | Culture & Employee Insights | Diversity, Equity and Inclusion | Benefits
|Site web de l'entreprise
|01 Dec 2023
|Type de poste: