Description du poste:
The (COMPANY NAME) Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) is responsible for providing leadership, operational support and oversight of the security management system to enable the safest and most efficient conduct of the security programmes and activities of the (COMPANY NAME) System. This internship opportunity is located in the Strategic Planning and Policy Service (SPPS) within UNDSS. The intern would be working with a small communications team within SPPS. The team works on diverse communications initiatives to promote the activities of UNDSS and the work of security at large.
The internship is for a period of six months, although a shorter period of time would also be considered. The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the office to which they are assigned.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship
Within the delegated authority, the Public Information and Communication intern will perform the following duties:
* Assist with reporting, drafting and editing of content for print, web and multimedia, events and publications;
* Assist with information and knowledge management
* Proofread documents, reviewing style, grammar and consistency;
* Create communication products (flyers, newsletters, graphics, videos, podcasts, multimedia materials) using Adobe suite;
* Assist with updates to the Office's website;
* Assist in organizing special events and meetings;
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
* Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately
* Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication
* Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience
* Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
* Keeps abreast of available technology
* Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office
* Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks
* Shows willingness to learn new technology
* Offers new and different options to solve problems;
* Promotes and persuades others to consider new ideas;
* Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas;
* Thinks "outside the box"; takes an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things
To qualify for an internship with the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
* The applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
(b) Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent)
* Be computer literate in standard software applications;
* Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the (COMPANY NAME) and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
* Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Candidates for our internship positions are not required to have significant professional experience, though it can be an advantage if you have interests, skills and knowledge in the respective areas indicated above.
1. Are you a student enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (Master's or Ph.D. programme or equivalent) or are you enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (Bachelor's degree)?
2. Is your field of study closely related to the type of internship you are applying for?
3. Will you be able to cover the costs of travel including visa, accommodation and other living expenses for the duration of the internship?
4. Are any of your siblings, children or parents employed by the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat?
5. Do you have experience with Adobe suite and/or using whiteboard video clip?
6. Do you have experience with SharePoint Online?
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Fluency in French is an advantage.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by an interview. Please note that due to large number of applicants, departments are not necessarily in a position to reply to each request and only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further consideration.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Due to the high volume of applications received, we can ONLY contact successful candidates.
The Cover Note must include the following:
* Title of degree you are currently pursuing.
* Graduation Date (When will you be/have graduating/graduated from the programme?).
* IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
* Top three areas of interest.
* Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
* Explain your interest in the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme.
In your online Personal History Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Interns are not financially remunerated by the (COMPANY NAME). Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of interns or their sponsoring institutions. For internships in the United States of America, interns who are not United States citizens, permanent residents or not currently in the United States on a non-immigrant visa status will be required to obtain a G-4 visa. If already in the United States of America on another non-immigrant visa status other than G-4, interns will be responsible for ensuring that they have a valid visa, and if required, employment authorization, allowing them to undertake the internship.
Additionally, all interns must adhere to the following:
* A person who is the child or sibling of a staff member shall not be eligible to apply for an internship at the (COMPANY NAME). An applicant who bears to a staff member any other family relationship may be engaged as an intern, provided that he or she shall not be assigned to the same work unit of the staff member nor placed under the direct or indirect supervision of the staff member. For purposes of this instruction, "child" means (i) the child of a staff member; (ii) the child of the spouse of a staff member (stepchild); and (iii) the spouse of a child of a staff member or a staff member's spouse (son- or daughter-in-law). "Sibling" includes the child of both or either parent of a staff member and the child.
* Observe of all applicable rules, regulations, instructions, procedures and directives of the Organization notwithstanding their status as described in section 4 of the UN Internship
Programme Administrative Instructions ST/AI/2000/9 & ST/AI/2005/11.
* Provide the receiving departments/offices with a copy of all materials prepared by them during the internship. The UN shall be entitled to all property rights, including but not limited to patents, copyrights and trademarks, with regard to material which bears a direct relation to; or is made in consequence of, the services provided under the internship. At the request of the
UN, the interns shall assist in securing such property rights and transferring them to the UN in compliance with the requirements of the applicable law.
* Show respect the impartiality and independence required of the UN and of the receiving department/office and shall not seek or accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to the UN.
* Unless otherwise authorized by the appropriate official in the receiving department/office, they may not communicate at any time to the media or to any institution, person, Government
or any other external source any information which has become known to them by reason of their association with the UN or the receiving department/office, that they know or ought to have known has not been made public. They may not use any such information without the written authorization of the appropriate official, and such information may never be used for personal gain. These obligations also apply after the end of the internship with the UN; and refrain from any conduct that would adversely reflect on the UN or on the receiving department/office and will not engage in any activity which is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the UN.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS