Description du poste:
The (COMPANY NAME) Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA) is seeking for qualified interns for a maximum internship of 6 months, depending on the needs of UNODA and the willingness of applicant.
UNODA provides substantive and organizational support to various (COMPANY NAME) bodies in the area of disarmament.
The Office is mandated to provide objective, impartial and up-to-date information on disarmament issues and activities to Member States, States parties to multilateral agreements, intergovernmental organizations and institutions, departments and agencies of the (COMPANY NAME) system, research and educational institutions, civil society, especially non-governmental organizations, the media and the general public. For more information visit: https://wxx.xx.xxx/xxxxxxxxxxx/
The internship is unpaid and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a professional staff member in UNODA to whom they are assigned. The incumbent reports to the Chief of the Regional Disarmament Information and Outreach Branch.
The Intern will support the development and implementation of ODA's Information Technology (IT) services and systems,
Responsibilities will depend on the individual's background, strength, and interest.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Maintains ODA's flagship website content, which is content driven, device responsive, and multilingual
* Assist the ODA's Information Outreach Branch in preparing and organizing events
* Conceptualizes and prepares and coordinates the development of new content in websites
* Prepares and incorporates graphics and multimedia content using open source graphic/video editing tools
* Maintains and develop ODA's campaign and outreach website products
* Assists in the development of surveys and the analysis of the results
* Assists in the development and maintenance of e-learning platform and material
Build a project based on the intern's interests using cutting edge technologies available in the market (e.g. cloud computing, big data, machine-learning, analytics/visualization, etc.). The project shall be relevant to the UN's core business of peace and security, using the available cloud-based resources.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges.
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be "clients " and seeks to see things from clients' point of view.
- Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
- Identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions.
- Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems.
- Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects.
- Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- Keeps abreast of available technology.
- Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office.
- Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
- Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Applicants to the (COMPANY NAME) Internship Programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
(1) Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or,
(2) Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent).
Applicants must also:
* Have interest in learning and/or cloud computing concepts using Amazon Web Service, Azure, or Google Cloud;
* Be familiar with version control software such as Github, Codecommit, Gitlab;
* Be familiar with building interactive and dynamic websites, either PHP (Wordpress or Drupal) or Python (Django or Flask) - based;
* Be familiar with relational and no-Rel databases such as Mysql, Mongo Db, Aurora, DynamoDb;
* Be familiar with design and video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Finalcut Pro;
* Be familiar with new/cutting-edge technology and tools and/or have experience with social networking and collaboration platforms;
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience for participation in the programme.
English and French are the working languages of the (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat. For this position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
Potential candidates may be contacted by the hiring manager for further consideration.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, interns may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to UN premises. The intern must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship. The work hours during the internship shall be determined based on individual discussion between the intern and the supervisor(s) taking into consideration the minimum requirements of the Organization and the time difference between the hosting office and the location of the intern.
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. All past work experiences, IT skills, languages, and three references, must be included in the Personal History Profile.
The Cover Note must include:
- Name of university and title of degree you are currently pursuing
- Graduation date (when you expect to graduate from the programme)
- A listing of IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- An explanation why you are the best candidate for an internship with the Office.
- An explanation of your interest in the work of UNODA.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.
(COMPANY NAME) Considerations
According to article 101, paragraph 3, of the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), the paramount consideration in the employment of the staff is the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. Candidates will not be considered for employment with the (COMPANY NAME) if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts. The term "sexual exploitation" means any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes, including, but not limited to, profiting monetarily, socially or politically from the sexual exploitation of another. The term "sexual abuse" means the actual or threatened physical intrusion of a sexual nature, whether by force or under unequal or coercive conditions. The term "sexual harassment" means any unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation, when such conduct interferes with work, is made a condition of employment or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment, and when the gravity of the conduct warrants the termination of the perpetrator's working relationship. Candidates who have committed crimes other than minor traffic offences may not be considered for employment.
Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting the staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible. The (COMPANY NAME) places no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. The (COMPANY NAME) Secretariat is a non-smoking environment.
The paramount consideration in the appointment, transfer, or promotion of staff shall be the necessity of securing the highest standards of efficiency, competence, and integrity. By accepting an offer of appointment, (COMPANY NAME) staff members are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General and assignment by him or her to any activities or offices of the (COMPANY NAME) in accordance with staff regulation 1.2 (c). In this context, all internationally recruited staff members shall be required to move periodically to discharge new functions within or across duty stations under conditions established by the Secretary-General.
Applicants are urged to follow carefully all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, inspira. For more detailed guidance, applicants may refer to the Manual for the Applicant, which can be accessed by clicking on "Manuals" hyper-link on the upper right side of the inspira account-holder homepage.
The evaluation of applicants will be conducted on the basis of the information submitted in the application according to the evaluation criteria of the job opening and the applicable internal legislations of the (COMPANY NAME) including the Charter of the (COMPANY NAME), resolutions of the General Assembly, the Staff Regulations and Rules, administrative issuances and guidelines. Applicants must provide complete and accurate information pertaining to their personal profile and qualifications according to the instructions provided in inspira to be considered for the current job opening. No amendment, addition, deletion, revision or modification shall be made to applications that have been submitted. Candidates under serious consideration for selection will be subject to reference checks to verify the information provided in the application.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE (COMPANY NAME) DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS