Description du poste:
For Summer 2022
As a Materials Print Engineer Intern, you will aid our team to continuously improve our existing FFF material set and bring new plastic and composite materials through qualification and out into the market. You will run print test suites in an effort to bring new materials to the launch phase. To do this you will use your materials know-how to look at structure-property relationships, make suggestions on changes to raw materials, and modify printing profiles. Perhaps you will end up tweaking software or changing the rheology of the filaments to get the perfect prints. You will work directly with a team of materials scientists and print engineers and contribute to a collaborative and productive work environment. This role will be focused on the plastics and composites side of our business.
Opportunities Abound for our Interns!
Below is a non-exhaustive list of the types of activities our interns will engage during their time with us...
* Print & design composite material test suites, with statistically meaningful analysis
* Perform experiments and use results to inform and develop improvements in materials, software, and/or hardware for better properties, robustness, and reliability
* Make hypotheses and determine several ways to test them
* Root cause 3D printing phenomena
* Record data, summarize findings, and present results
* Create easy to follow and detailed documentation
* Maintain composite printers and testing devices
* Comply with safety and protective equipment regulations
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we're getting at, it doesn't hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
* Working toward a Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
* Practical and theoretical knowledge of plastics and composites
* Takes ownership of tasks and has strong attention to detail
* Creative problem solver
* Ability to multitask
* Familiarity with CAD (Solidworks preferred) and 3D printing
* We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.
Why (COMPANY NAME)?
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
For all US-based roles, we offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Please be aware that the Company requires all employees [who are required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically] to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain [show proof of] a vaccination. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
(COMPANY NAME) values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee's skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: (COMPANY NAME) does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or (COMPANY NAME) employees. (COMPANY NAME) is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
|Origine:||Site web de l'entreprise|
|Publié:||19 Sep 2021|
|Type de poste:||Stage|