Description du poste:
Introduction to (COMPANY NAME)
(COMPANY NAME)'s mission is to protect service members and civilians with artificially intelligent systems. For our world-class team, no idea is too ambitious, and we never stop working to make possible what looks out of reach today. We are backed by Silicon Valley venture capital firms including Andreessen Horowitz, have been shipping product for the past year, and are growing rapidly.
Join (COMPANY NAME) as an intern and spend your summer with us solving big problems with significant stakes whose solutions create differences we can see in people's lives. We know it will take the best of the best to get there.
What you'll do:
* Research, design, and implement leading approaches to one or more areas of robotics: scene understanding, object recognition, state-estimation, mapping, perception, exploration, path planning and controls
* Write optimized, reliable software in C++ for everything from small embedded computers to the latest and greatest GPUs
* Write code in MATLAB/Python to characterize the performance of new and existing autonomy algorithms
* Leverage robust software integration techniques to see your contributions implement and improve behaviors in fully autonomous systems
* Work on real projects consisting of meaningful and interesting work, with a mentor to guide you
* Have a great learning experience with a humble, inspiring team
* See your contributions enable actual robots that will be fielded in some of the most dangerous places in the world to execute missions that will protect lives
Projects that you might work on:
* Design and analyze large batches of experiments to characterize sensors and evaluate robot performance
* Integrate and evaluate a state-of-the-art path planning or exploration algorithm
* Train and evaluate deep neural networks for classification of a new set of objects or situational contexts
* Leverage GPUs and hardware accelerators to enable on-board execution of state-of-the-art autonomy algorithms
Who we're looking for:
* You have a passion for solving complex problems in robotics
* You are a graduate student with one year left of school (or less)
* You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
If you're interested in being part of our team apply now!
(COMPANY NAME) is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State