Description du poste:
About Oshkosh Defense, an Oshkosh company
Oshkosh Defense stands behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. As an industry-leading tactical vehicle manufacturer, every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Operations Management Interns plan and facilitate work of assigned employees to support on-time completion of production schedules and increase the synergies and employ the knowledge of plant teams. The Operations Management Intern will learn about our entire manufacturing process in the following ways:
* Get acquainted with the production floor while also working with our Industrial & Manufacturing Engineers.
* Learn how to operate our production-related computer systems.
* Become familiar with labor relations and union contracts.
* Work with and support the Materials department.
* Ensure that policies, procedures and bargaining unit agreement requirements are satisfied
* Willingness to accept and delegate authority
* Accurately maintain company records and documents in accordance with policies and procedures
* Focus on product quality and process control
* Perform "make" versus "buy" analysis
* Interview, appraise, and discipline employees
* Promote a positive environment by acknowledging team accomplishments. 8. Support material shortages
* Support machine and equipment repairs
* Report and respond to product and process nonconformance issues. Implement effective corrective actions utilizing structured planning methods
* Promote a safe work environment and participate in preventing potential safety problems
* Support housekeeping and safety of work area
* Understand and support the Continuous Improvement Plan
* Participate in the resolution of grievances
* Must be willing to complete additional advanced training/education courses as required
* Support teams as required and perform special projects when appropriate
* Student working towards a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology Management, Manufacturing & Technology Management, Supply Chain/Operations Management or related field.
* Willing to travel or relocate to Oshkosh, WI
* Graduation date on or after December 2024
* This is a year-round intern position. Student must have the ability to work 20 hours a week during the school year and 40 hours a week over winter/summer breaks
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
* Strong leadership and communication skills
Moving the future forward is our priority and this includes your future. We encourage professional development and champion our employees' success through various skills and training opportunities. Named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies™ by Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years, everything we do at Oshkosh is guided by our core values and the ~15k+ team members around the world who embody them.
We put people first. We do the right thing. We persevere. We are better together.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or email@example.com.
(COMPANY NAME) is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
(COMPANY NAME) will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with (COMPANY NAME)'s legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with (COMPANY NAME) require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum
|Site web de l'entreprise
|07 Dec 2023
|Type de poste: