Description du poste:
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age. That's why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our clients receive all payments promptly and accurately. We are not a technology company - though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label - although we offer both services. BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
Your Mission at BMG
The Business Development and Strategy team overseas all new business areas complimentary to our core services of recorded music and publishing. This includes our Films and Books divisions. Your primary responsibility will be working with our Films and Books divisions supporting day-to-day projects, integration of new businesses into existing BMG systems, and developing marketing materials in support of new products. Additional responsibilities will include supporting the BD team in assessment of new business opportunities.
* You are passionate about music and the business of the entertainment and media sector.
* You have familiarity with the current media landscape across music, film, books, and podcasts.
* You are comfortable working in a team and are a self-starter.
* Your time management skills allow you to meet deadlines easily.
* You have exceptional attention to detail and the ability to track and follow through on multiple concurrent projects to completion.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
What You'll Be Doing
* Set up of new Films and Books products in BMG asset management systems.
* Maintain outbound licensing database of Films concert catalogs.
* Supporting the integration of Books business into BMG Finance and Royalty systems.
* Support asset management of all Films and Books products (e.g. tracking and logging all deliverables of completed documentaries and coordinating with Asset Management team.)
* Creating market intelligence reports tracking potential new business partners for our Films division.
* Develop marketing materials in support of new product releases across all BD businesses.
* Assisting in research and analysis of potential new business areas.
* Various ad-hoc projects and tasks characteristic of the department and company overall.
* Currently enrolled or recently qualified in a business or related Bachelor's Degree program.
* Prior experience in music business (job or internship at a label, publisher, artist management or related field).
* Understanding of general business principles and current media landscape.
We welcome applications from people who will contribute to the diversity of our company.
BMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BMG is the new model music company founded by (COMPANY NAME) in 2008 as a direct response to the challenges of music's digital revolution. Key to its innovative approach is the fact it represents the traditionally separate music publishing and recording rights off the same state-of-the-art platform internationally. BMG is already the world's fourth biggest music publisher and the first new global player in the recordings business in decades. BMG's pitch is unique - a relentless focus on fairness and transparency and service to its artist and songwriter clients. BMG's 14 offices across 12 core music markets now represent over 2,5m songs and recordings, including the catalogues of Chrysalis, Bug, Virgin, Mute, Sanctuary, Primary Wave and Talpa Music, as well as literally thousands of artists and songwriters attracted by its fresh approach. BMG is owned by international media company (COMPANY NAME), which also includes the broadcaster RTL Group, the trade book publisher Penguin Random House, the magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr, the service provider Arvato, the (COMPANY NAME) Printing Group, the (COMPANY NAME) Education Group, and (COMPANY NAME) Investments, an international network of funds. With its multi-platform perspective, integrated technology platform and commitment to help artists maximize their income, BMG aims to be the best company in music to do business with.
International offices are located in Berlin (HQ), Los Angeles, New York City, Nashville, Paris, Hilversum, London, Madrid, Milan, Stockholm, Sydney, Beijing, Sao Paulo
Company: BMG Rights Management (US) LLC
Country: United States of America
City: Los Angeles
Postal Code: 9xxx8